ESP8266 WiFI temperature and humidity sensor

8 years 11 months ago #1450 by lesjaw

ArneiO wrote:

lesjaw wrote: is that collector current the reason of my problem?

No, it must be something else.
Can you show us your wiring diagram?

i follow the schema from here iot-playground.com/2-uncategorised/17-es...v-arduino-connection
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1452 by ArneiO

lesjaw wrote: i follow the schema from here iot-playground.com/2-uncategorised/17-es...v-arduino-connection

Just to eliminate a common error/misunderstanding:
- Arduino Rx to ESP Tx (not Rx)
- Arduino Tx tio ESP Rx (not Tx)

I have successfully connected Arduino/ESP with just a voltage divider on the line going from Arduino (Arduino Tx) to ESP Rx. Nothing on other line (from ESP Tx to Arduino Rx). Have you tried that (simpler means fewer potential errors).

Try to wiggle an/or move components in your breadboard. Sometimes there are connection points on them that do not connect.

8 years 11 months ago #1454 by lesjaw

ArneiO wrote:

lesjaw wrote: i follow the schema from here iot-playground.com/2-uncategorised/17-es...v-arduino-connection

Just to eliminate a common error/misunderstanding:
- Arduino Rx to ESP Tx (not Rx)
- Arduino Tx tio ESP Rx (not Tx)

I have successfully connected Arduino/ESP with just a voltage divider on the line going from Arduino (Arduino Tx) to ESP Rx. Nothing on other line (from ESP Tx to Arduino Rx). Have you tried that (simpler means fewer potential errors).

Try to wiggle an/or move components in your breadboard. Sometimes there are connection points on them that do not connect.

but the skecth sample said :
espTX to pin 10 arduino
espRX to pin 11 arduino
espRST to pin 3 arduino

8 years 11 months ago #1455 by ArneiO

lesjaw wrote: but the skecth sample said :
espTX to pin 10 arduino
espRX to pin 11 arduino
espRST to pin 3 arduino

OK, then you're using software serial.
Have you verified the baud rate in your sketch is correct? If you're using an ESP directly from the mailbox the delivered firmware baud rate is not always the same. Have you talked to it directly with an FTDI adapter, not via Arduino?

8 years 11 months ago #1456 by lesjaw

ArneiO wrote:

lesjaw wrote: but the skecth sample said :
espTX to pin 10 arduino
espRX to pin 11 arduino
espRST to pin 3 arduino

OK, then you're using software serial.
Have you verified the baud rate in your sketch is correct? If you're using an ESP directly from the mailbox the delivered firmware baud rate is not always the same. Have you talked to it directly with an FTDI adapter, not via Arduino?

yes.baudrate is 9600 for esp8266, i can send AT command directly from FTDI adapter..and the result is "Ok".. infact i try upload a sketch for wifi searching example, and it run goods.. but i never succed driving esp8266 through the arduino..

if i use directly with FTDI there is no shift level..

can you teach me how to load a simple skecth to scan network from arduino using esp8266 from serial.. or maybe a simple sketch for testing serial connection between arduino and esp8266.. so i can make sure the shift level i make already right..

8 years 11 months ago #1457 by piman
Hello @ArneiO, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I've been trying this for a while and although I get the ESP 8266 speaking with the Arduino and giving out readings it seems to stop after a while do you know why this is also I've been trying to change to hardware serial without much success have you any pointers to this.
Thanks kind regards Andy

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.