Arduino ESP8266 DHT22, code stop running randomly

9 years 3 weeks ago #978 by Poldi
Hm, I will extract the library again and will check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1309 by piman
Hi after getting my ESP 8266 up and running after a period of time I found myself having the same issues, I have been reading through this post in order to rectify my problem but there doesn't seem to be an explanation on what's causing this issue or how it was rectified ?. I am using the latest firmware and the correct board rate of 9600,, .

Thanks Andy.

8 years 11 months ago #1313 by EasyIoT

piman wrote: Hi after getting my ESP 8266 up and running after a period of time I found myself having the same issues, I have been reading through this post in order to rectify my problem but there doesn't seem to be an explanation on what's causing this issue or how it was rectified ?. I am using the latest firmware and the correct board rate of 9600,, .

Thanks Andy.

I've changed DHT22 example on GitHub to report every 30s. Please try new example. I did not test it, because right now I do not have HW configuration for testing.
I have ESP8266 thermostat with DHT22 sensor on my wall about 2 moths now and it works without hanging all the time. I'm using AMS1117 regulator for 3.3V power supply and 220uF capacitor near ESP8266 power pins.

8 years 11 months ago #1317 by piman
@EasyIoT, Thanks I quickly uploaded the sketch last night before going to bed and left it running throughout the night initially everything seemed okay, no problems but checked it this morning and it had stopped locked up had to reset the Arduino to get things back on track. I don't think it's the ESP because I can still Ping it and get the result with no loss packets, it seems like the Arduino just stops communicating with the ESP.

8 years 11 months ago #1320 by EasyIoT

piman wrote: @EasyIoT, Thanks I quickly uploaded the sketch last night before going to bed and left it running throughout the night initially everything seemed okay, no problems but checked it this morning and it had stopped locked up had to reset the Arduino to get things back on track. I don't think it's the ESP because I can still Ping it and get the result with no loss packets, it seems like the Arduino just stops communicating with the ESP.

Can you describe your configuration? Arduino type, HW or SW serial port for ESP8266, power supply - 5V or 3.3V, what kind of level shiftier do you use if needed?

8 years 11 months ago #1322 by piman
Hi, I'm doing some more tests I think I let it run throughout the night to see how things pan out, earlier today I set up another node away from the breadboard and re download the firmware, and still using the old humidity and temperature sensors sketch added them to the server, at the moment everything seems fine, I'll leave the previous node with the new temperature and humidity sketch mod overnight again and see how well that fairs.
This is my set up at the . drive.google.com/file/d/0B0SXNUBOmx3NOHR...Ync/view?usp=sharing
It's normally powered by 6v wall adapter running at 800 mA the board supplies me with 5v at 800 mA and 3.3 v at 800 mA I'm using a bio directional level shifter.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.