Arduino ESP8266 DHT22, code stop running randomly

9 years 1 month ago #843 by EasyIoT

tonyn79 wrote: I am using the 0.9.5 on the esp. on the library I saw on another post you suggested the latest and I downloaded from git. The server has the same output as above. Serial monitor was frozen in middle of a cipsend command. It works perfectly other than the lock ups. I am puzzled because every other example works perfect, until there is advanced coding. I have another post up about the dimmer not working on uno or pro mini, yet fine on mega. What are thoughts on watchdog implementation? For the lockup issue. Thank you for your time.

I'm using old V.0.9.2.2. There are some strange responses like "link is not". Maybe this is fixed in latest release and that's reason EasyIoT library stops working because it does not recognize response. I will check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #846 by tonyn79
Great, I will also try to flash esp down to 9.2.2. See if that changes anything.

9 years 1 month ago #851 by subsix
also please post the link to BIN of V.0.9.2.2, internet is a big mess ...

thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdj

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #856 by tonyn79
I loaded 9.2.2, it seems to be running a little worse, it will stay online with server for about 5 min. It does seem like it is locking up on the "unlink" most of the time. I will try a couple other firmwares on this.
I am wondering if hooking this up to hardware serial would give different results. I have been unable to get it to communicate at all without software serial, any advice?

Subsix - I attached a copy of the 0.9.2.2 at 9600. Well I tried to attach file but will not go, here is the link I downloaded from.
docs.google.com/file/d/0B3dUKfqzZnlwdUJUc2hkZDUyVjA/edit

9 years 4 weeks ago #871 by tonyn79
Might be on to something here, I cleared eeprom on unit, reflashed with Temp/Hum. Set it up downstairs on its own power supply, it stopped communicating after about 15 min. This morning brought it back upstairs and plugged into serial with its own power supply and it has been running for hours.

It looks like it really wants to see the serial comm from computer to continue operation. How to I modify the example to only use hardware serial. I would like to test that out to see if problem is corrected. Thank you for the help.

9 years 4 weeks ago #881 by EasyIoT
First you need good power supply. Some of cheap Chinese power supplys are not good enough for ESP8266. Also I've checked DHT22 example. Maybe it's not good to send temperature in loop. Too much data can confuse ESP8266. I suggest to change example to send data every N minutes.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.