Help getting my first sensor working please

9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #1004 by PaulRB

HarryDutch wrote: Looking at your results there is definitly something wrong. Could be ... the Arduino.

Mystery solved, my sensor is working!

I started swapping and replacing components - the radio, the caps, the breadboard, the wiring, removing the DHT11, .....

It was the Arduino. A Nano 3 that up to now has always performed perfectly, but with the radio modules, it somehow garbles the signals, resulting in the noise that the scanner sketch showed. I replaced the Nano on the same breadboard, same radio module, same wiring etc. and suddenly the output of the scanner sketch cleaned up, with zero showing in most channels.

I then re-loaded the HumiditySensor example sketch into the replacement Nano, but it would still not connect to the Pi. I then changed channel to 22 on both the sensor and the Pi and suddenly it all started working.

So I have no idea what is wrong with that Nano, it has always worked in other circuits. I must have used it with the radio modules before. Perhaps I used different pins for the CE/CSN/IRQ connections back then.

I don't understand why channel 95 (=0x5F) did not work, it looked clear on the scanner. But the important thing is it is now working.

Many thanks @HarryDutch for sticking with me. And thanks EasyIoT for developing the whole project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 weeks ago #1005 by HarryDutch
Wahoooo!! Congratulations Paul. Just like you I have no idea why the Nano was behaving like that. But more importantly, it's working now, so have fun with EasyIoT!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.