Help getting my first sensor working please

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #912 by PaulRB
Hi all,

I am new to MySensors and EasyIoT (but not to Arduino or RasbPi). Trying to get my first MySensors sensor working. I have read the other thread on this subject but it has not helped. Can you give me some more pointers/things to check please?

Server:
EasyIot 0.7 on Rasberry Pi model B, latest version Raspbian.
MySensors Driver: channel 90, 250Kb/s, MAX power

Sensor:
Nano 3, DHT11, "Humidity" example sketch (only change was pin number for DHT11)

Here's the output from Serial Monitor:
send: 255-255-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,st=fail:
req node id
send: 255-255-255-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0,st=fail:
sensor started, id 255
req node id
req node id
req node id
req node id
req node id
T: 24.00
req node id
send: 255-255-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,st=fail:
H: 35.00

Can someone please explain the meaning of these messages to me please. What exactly is failing? Is the sensor beging given ID 255 or not? Obviously the DHT11 is working, you can see the temp and humidity values there.

Here is my MyConfig.h:
#ifndef MyConfig_h
#define MyConfig_h

/***
 * Configure Sensor Network
 */
#define RF24_CHANNEL	   90             //RF channel for the sensor net, 0-127
#define RF24_DATARATE 	   RF24_250KBPS   //RF24_250KBPS for 250kbs, RF24_1MBPS for 1Mbps, or RF24_2MBPS for 2Mbps
#define RF24_PA_LEVEL 	   RF24_PA_MAX    //Sensor PA Level == RF24_PA_MIN=-18dBm, RF24_PA_LOW=-12dBm, RF24_PA_HIGH=-6dBM, and RF24_PA_MAX=0dBm
#define RF24_PA_LEVEL_GW   RF24_PA_LOW  //Gateway PA Level, defaults to Sensor net PA Level.  Tune here if using an amplified nRF2401+ in your gateway.
#define BASE_RADIO_ID 	   ((uint64_t)0xA8A8E1FC00) // This is also act as base value for sensor nodeId addresses. Change this (or channel) if you have more than one sensor network.

// MySensors online examples defaults
#define DEFAULT_CE_PIN 9
#define DEFAULT_CS_PIN 10

/***
 * Enable/Disable debug logging
 */
#define DEBUG

#endif

I believe I have set everything the same as in the EeasyIoT MySensors Driver configuration, even the base radio ID.

Attached pics of my circuits in case you want to check my wiring. Unfortunately the forum has drastically compressed the images.

Please let me know any more info needed.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #914 by HarryDutch
@PaulRB

First try to clean EEPROM for your sensor and add the sensor again to the server. There's and Arduino sketch for it in your Arduino's MySensors library.

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #915 by PaulRB
Thanks for the suggestion. The ClearEepromConfig sketch ran with no problems. Unfortunately I am still getting the exact same output from the Humidity sketch.

Can you tell me what the "st=fail" actually means? Could it indicate that the radio module is not working properly? (I have tested them before with other Arduino sketches)

And why does the output say "sensor started, id 255" and then immediately after "req node id"?

Is there any output from the Pi side that would be helpful?

9 years 3 weeks ago #916 by EasyIoT

PaulRB wrote: Thanks for the suggestion. The ClearEepromConfig sketch ran with no problems. Unfortunately I am still getting the exact same output from the Humidity sketch.

Can you tell me what the "st=fail" actually means? Could it indicate that the radio module is not working properly? (I have tested them before with other Arduino sketches)

And why does the output say "sensor started, id 255" and then immediately after "req node id"?

Is there any output from the Pi side that would be helpful?

"st=fail" means that RPI fails to send message to Arduino. It can be seen on on sensor side that sensor did not get ID (ID=255). If I remember correctly one of forum members have similar problem and the problem was in bad power supply. You can also try to add additional capacitor as close as possible to NRF24L01.

9 years 3 weeks ago #918 by PaulRB
Thanks. Did you mean that the Arduino fails to send a message to the Pi?

I have caps close to both nrf modules, as you can see in the pics I posted earlier. I remember, when I was running other sketches a while back, that the caps helped increase the range that the units would work over. At the moment they are <1m apart.

9 years 3 weeks ago #919 by EasyIoT

PaulRB wrote: Thanks. Did you mean that the Arduino fails to send a message to the Pi?

I have caps close to both nrf modules, as you can see in the pics I posted earlier. I remember, when I was running other sketches a while back, that the caps helped increase the range that the units would work over. At the moment they are <1m apart.

Aha, this is Arduino output. It means that Arduino fails to send message to SPI. If you run EasyIoT in console window you can also see debug output.
Just to be sure: When you add sensor node to EasyIoT server press Add node in Web interface.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.