nodeMCU dimmer/switch/temp.sensor without arduino

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1462 by Dennis
hello,

already did that ds18b20 thing, see here: github.com/DennisSc/easyIoT-nodeMCU/tree.../nodeMCU-LUA/ds18b20

nodemcu is suffering from severe memory insufficiency due to too many features being included in the firmware, imo - thus i needed to compile everything to lua bytecode before it worked for me.

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1464 by Dennis

lesjaw wrote:

cdj wrote: github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-firmware/blob...nodemcu_20150123.bin

This work also with bmp180

are you sure its a correct firmware? its only 33k size compare others 440k..

i flashed succes but esplorer cant connect..

Yes the size is correct, earlier firmwares were smaller, which left more memory for the user code.

it is around 370kb in size, not 33kb, btw...

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesjaw

8 years 11 months ago #1604 by cdj
Ok guys, now i need help.
I've realized a double dimmer with two IRLZ44N

When i connect little strip in lab to test it everything working perfect, but when i connect my home strips it doesn't work.

This is IRL datasheet

I use 3 strip of 3,6mt for every channel, but we can consider little more than 2 strip of 5mt for every mosfet (total 10mt). This is specs of led strip :

Working input Voltage : 12VDC , 6A
Working power : 72W/5M

this mosfet has a continuous drain current at 5v of 36a.... but at 5v... and at 12v ?

If it isn't good for this charge do you know another mosfet more powerful ?

And other thing :
in my project i have connected esp to her little power source , source of mosfet n.1 to -12v of powersupply n.1 - out of mosfet to minus of led strips and powersupply +12v direct to plus of led strips.
Same thing for mosfet n.2 leaving power supplies indipendent.
Is this correct ?

Thanks
Dario

8 years 11 months ago #1606 by Dennis
hello,

I think the irlz44 can handle this high load only with good cooling, if at all. You could try to use two mosfets in parallel per channel, or you need bigger mosfets, or even SSRs.

regards

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1607 by cdj

Dennis wrote: hello,

I think the irlz44 can handle this high load only with good cooling, if at all. You could try to use two mosfets in parallel per channel, or you need bigger mosfets, or even SSRs.

regards

Thanks Dennis,
From the beginning i've cut a dissipator from an atx old power supply, so i don't think that it depend from cooling.
Two mosfet can be a good idea, but bigger mosfet like what? i've no idea about mosfet code ... do you know one bigger?
And, excuse me, what is an SSR? :P
EDIT : ok solid state relay... but for dimming purpose ???

thanks
Dario

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1608 by Dennis
ssr = solid state relay

edit -yes, you can easily switch ssr with couple hundred to thousand cycles per second, so you can use it for dimming with pwm as well.

And,no, i have no experience with bigger mosfet and would have to search around by myself..

regards

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.