ESP8266 WiFi touch screen thermostat

9 years 4 weeks ago #999 by EasyIoT
Files you are missing are in github.com/iot-playground/Arduino/tree/m...ernal_libraries/UTFT (just rename .c to .h)

Code can be compiled with Arduino 1.0.6. and older, but not with 1.6. The reason is UTFT library. I will wait for update until then I'm using old Arduino.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #1002 by cdj
Thank you :evil: ! one day loose :P
I downgrade immediately !

Thanks
Dario

EDIT : I've tried to rename .c in .h but i can confirm that it doesn't work on arduino 1.6.1

9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #1003 by cdj
Ok now compile but my first problem is esp8266.
Which version of firmware are you using? i've tried with 0.9.5.0 and with 0.9.5.2 . Obviously with new esp8266easyiot lib.

If i open serial monitor i see that when it reset esp write "Vendor: ai thinker, blabla" but immediately later : response timeout !

Tried also with 115200 Serial1 (and esp ciobaud set at 115200) and Serial1 at 9600 (and esp too) but no difference... response timeout...

Thanks for helping!

EDIT : The same esp8266 interface (level shifter, 1000mf capacitor, ams1117,etc.) is perfectly working with other arduino nano...

EDIT2 : BMP Working, DHT Not working (5v and gnd ok, data pin connected to pin 8 of arduino mega) and touch screen not working when all the sensors are power on. I've a power supply only for sensors and esp(with dedicated ams1117) and usb cable to power arduino mega + shield + tft.
One important thing : GND of sensors and esp must be connected to arduino gnd ? PLEASE REPLYYYYY ! :) tnx

9 years 4 days ago #1189 by rglide
Is there an ETA on being to use this project on a new version of Arduino 1.6.3? I just want to know if I need to move on to another solution or if this can be soon. Thank you

9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #1190 by EasyIoT

rglide wrote: Is there an ETA on being to use this project on a new version of Arduino 1.6.3? I just want to know if I need to move on to another solution or if this can be soon. Thank you

Problem is UTFT library:
www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php?id=51

Maybe you should ask author of the library to add support for Arduino 1.6.3? I assume it's easy to fix by yourself, but I do not have time. It was easier for me to uninstall new Arduino version and install old version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rglide

9 years 4 days ago #1191 by rglide
Was not meant to knock anyone just wanted to know, did not realize who the author was, I will see if I can figure out how to do so. thank you

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.