EasyIoT Cloud internet connected switch issue

7 years 4 months ago #3592 by nsadventurer
I put together the ESP8266 internet connected switch for my xmas lights and it is working as expected. I can control the switch by my browser and the EasyIOT android app. What I want to do is automate the switch to turn on and off at predetermined times.
I see references to using cron but it seems to be related to installing the server software, I want to use the EasyIOT cloud service for simplicity. I figured I would just set up a cron job on my local Linux PC to fire off a simple script to do this every day.

I had some limited success using a couple of command line tools for mosquitto, mosquitto_pub and mosquitto_sub.
I can publish a '1' or '0' to my topic and it will change the status on my EasyIOT android app and my browser, the switch slider changes from off to on and vice versa and the icon colour changes but, the problem is it seems like the change is not sent to the ESP relay. I can also use the mosquito_sub command and see the changes being reflected from the android app and my browser, so it seems like the EasyIOT Cloud is publishing the messages fine. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere on the EasyIOT cloud and my ESP relay if there is something published to a topic and its not from the web interface or the android app.

Is there something I am missing? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #3593 by EasyIoT

nsadventurer wrote: I put together the ESP8266 internet connected switch for my xmas lights and it is working as expected. I can control the switch by my browser and the EasyIOT android app. What I want to do is automate the switch to turn on and off at predetermined times.
I see references to using cron but it seems to be related to installing the server software, I want to use the EasyIOT cloud service for simplicity. I figured I would just set up a cron job on my local Linux PC to fire off a simple script to do this every day.

I had some limited success using a couple of command line tools for mosquitto, mosquitto_pub and mosquitto_sub.
I can publish a '1' or '0' to my topic and it will change the status on my EasyIOT android app and my browser, the switch slider changes from off to on and vice versa and the icon colour changes but, the problem is it seems like the change is not sent to the ESP relay. I can also use the mosquito_sub command and see the changes being reflected from the android app and my browser, so it seems like the EasyIOT Cloud is publishing the messages fine. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere on the EasyIOT cloud and my ESP relay if there is something published to a topic and its not from the web interface or the android app.

Is there something I am missing? Thanks

Hi, right now cron is not supported in automation. It will be added in future releases.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nsadventurer

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3594 by nsadventurer
Is there a way to interact with the ESP switch module outside of using the web interface or android app?

I answered my own question after digging around the forums

iot-playground.com/forum/general1/473-ho...mands-to-a-node#2724

iot-playground.com/blog/2-uncategorised/...-cloud-rest-api-v1-0

3.20. Set parameter value

I created a shell script that is called from my local crontab and used curl with the easyiot rest API as above.
Works like a charm.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.