How to send comands to a node

8 years 5 months ago #2515 by choncba
Hello, I'm trying EasyIoT Cloud, and examples detailing how to receive data from the nodes (DHT11, DS18B20, etc.) but can not find in the API command to receive any information from the server, for example, to turn on or off an LED connected to the node.
Is this is not yet implemented?

By the way, Awesome Job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #2523 by EasyIoT

choncba wrote: Hello, I'm trying EasyIoT Cloud, and examples detailing how to receive data from the nodes (DHT11, DS18B20, etc.) but can not find in the API command to receive any information from the server, for example, to turn on or off an LED connected to the node.
Is this is not yet implemented?

By the way, Awesome Job!

I will prepare tutorial for ESP8266 internet switch in day or two.

8 years 3 months ago #2718 by AviOst
Hi,

I see the tutorial and my switch is already working with the easyiot web interface.
However, I'm interested to control such a switch from an external application using http requests (other than using easyiot web interface or android app).

What is the direct URL for controlling a specific module I have ? is it possible to make it public (i.e: no authentication for this URL) ?

I found some... hints.. but no reference or simple sample I can use with the cloud service.

Thanks !

8 years 3 months ago #2722 by EasyIoT

AviOst wrote: Hi,

I see the tutorial and my switch is already working with the easyiot web interface.
However, I'm interested to control such a switch from an external application using http requests (other than using easyiot web interface or android app).

What is the direct URL for controlling a specific module I have ? is it possible to make it public (i.e: no authentication for this URL) ?

I found some... hints.. but no reference or simple sample I can use with the cloud service.

Thanks !

Use REST API. You can use URL:
cloud.iot-playground.com:40404/RestApi/SetParameter/ [instance id/parameter id]/0
and
cloud.iot-playground.com:40404/RestApi/SetParameter/ [instance id/parameter id]/1

I do not know if it's good idea to expose your instance id and parameter id to public. Why do you want public assess to your switch?

8 years 3 months ago #2724 by AviOst
I have a special hat with motors etc... and I want to wear a shirt with QR Code.
The QR Code is a direct link to operate the hat.
I already did my own implementation but I think that cloud easyiot, implementing MQTT is a better solution.

However, I used fiddler to "sniff" the url from the easyiot web interface - but as mentioned - I can't use it because its authenticated.
I didn't manage to use the Rest API as you suggested.
This is the URL which I captured from the web interface - this one works (but can't use it as a direct link):

cloud.iot-playground.com/Api/Control/Par...e/ytZHns0000GqpXgf/1

(changed few letters...)

Any idea how I can do it ?

Just a direct steady link...

8 years 3 months ago #2728 by EasyIoT
Interesting hat with motors and shirt with QR code...

Is should work. Replace [Instance Id and Parameter Id] with parameter instance and parameter id. You will find Parameter id/Instance id under Configure->Modules and select your module. Next Select Sensor.Parameter1 and in parameter settings you will see Instance Id/Parameter Id.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.