Touch screen thermostat problems

8 years 6 months ago #2315 by hjsalom
So I supposed that your Arduino IDE is based on 1.0.6 and should work fine. right ?

If so, what is going to happen to my actual Arduino environment ?

Is it possible to keep both as valid environments on my computer ?

Thank you for you time. I appreciate you took the time to reply to my questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #2317 by EasyIoT

hjsalom wrote: So I supposed that your Arduino IDE is based on 1.0.6 and should work fine. right ?

If so, what is going to happen to my actual Arduino environment ?

Is it possible to keep both as valid environments on my computer ?

Thank you for you time. I appreciate you took the time to reply to my questions.

You can have more Arduino IDE vrsions. Just download ZIP version(no installation).

8 years 6 months ago #2318 by hjsalom
Ok, so I did exactly what you recommended.

I understand I may have both, and even a third one, and a fourth IDE if necessary.

I compiled it with 1.0.6 and it did go thru without errors.

Now I have to load it on the MEGA 2560 board.

I will let you know later.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it a lot.

8 years 3 months ago #2800 by fowler214
Could really use some help.
Using EasyIoT's zip package when I try to compile the sketch i get the following errors.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
sketch_jan20b:29: error: conflicting declaration 'uint8_t SevenSegNumFontPlus []'
C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/SevenSegNumFontPlus.h:8: error: 'SevenSegNumFontPlus' has a previous declaration as 'const uint8_t SevenSegNumFontPlus [2204]'
sketch_jan20b:31: error: conflicting declaration 'uint8_t SevenSeg_XXXL_Num []'
C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/SevenSeg_XXXL_Num.h:8: error: 'SevenSeg_XXXL_Num' has a previous declaration as 'const uint8_t SevenSeg_XXXL_Num [8004]'
sketch_jan20b:32: error: conflicting declaration 'uint8_t arial_normal []'
C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/arial_normal.h:9: error: 'arial_normal' has a previous declaration as 'const uint8_t arial_normal [3044]'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void UpdateHeaterStatus()':
sketch_jan20b:963: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:963: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawTemp1(boolean)':
sketch_jan20b:1107: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1107: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawTemp2(boolean)':
sketch_jan20b:1131: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1131: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawPressure(boolean)':
sketch_jan20b:1154: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1154: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawForecast(boolean)':
sketch_jan20b:1175: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1175: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawModeButton(int, int, boolean)':
sketch_jan20b:1203: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1203: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawSettingsButton(int, int)':
sketch_jan20b:1249: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1249: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawHeaterStatus(int, int)':
sketch_jan20b:1259: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1259: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawCurrentTemp(int, int, float, float)':
sketch_jan20b:1271: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1271: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b:1298: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1298: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawTime(int, int, boolean)':
sketch_jan20b:1328: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1328: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b:1354: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1354: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawScreenTemperature()':
sketch_jan20b:1421: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1421: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawTeemperatureTemp()':
sketch_jan20b:1477: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1477: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawScreenTemperatureTemp(int, int, float)':
sketch_jan20b:1492: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1492: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawScreenSettings()':
sketch_jan20b:1636: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1636: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void drawScreenSchedule(int)':
sketch_jan20b:1752: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1752: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void drawScreenSchedule()':
sketch_jan20b:1804: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:1804: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'
sketch_jan20b.ino: In function 'void DrawScreenDatetime()':
sketch_jan20b:2068: error: invalid conversion from 'const uint8_t*' to 'uint8_t*'
sketch_jan20b:2068: error: initializing argument 1 of 'void UTFT::setFont(uint8_t*)'

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

8 years 3 months ago #2801 by hangfire
You have to use the same version of arduino ide that the dev used to compile this I believe, it's listed in this thread I think

8 years 3 months ago #2802 by fowler214
Hangfire,
I am using the IDE EasyIoT provided in a zip this thread. It is from his zip/IDE that the errors are generated.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.