Server is not available after saving settings

9 years 3 weeks ago #982 by EasyIoT

Poldi wrote: That was not the (only) wrong thing.

I used a new image -> removed some Groups -> enabled my sensors and GPIO -> configured GPIO (3,5,11,13, where my LEDs are connected). -> I saved the configuration and closed the browser (without logoff) -> logged in at the pi and did a reboot (sudo reboot).

After restarting the GPIO port was initialised (after powering on, two leds are lighting low, after starting was completed (login prompt) they were switched off).

But the server can not be reached.

Anything else I can try?

Before reboot close EasyIoT server in WEB interface Config->General settings->Shutdown server

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #983 by Poldi
Is this really necessary every time? What if the connection will be lost?

How can I "repair" the server-system if it will happen?

9 years 3 weeks ago #984 by tonyn79
I had to edit the RPiGPIOConfig.xml file after every reboot. The GPIO's I used were set to true and I had to change them to false. Then relaunch server re-enable Mysensor driver, then I could user GPIO driver until the next reboot. In the end I just got a nrf24 and hooked it up. Now server is performing great.

BTW the Mysensor driver will not fully enable without the nrf24 hooked up, but you still need to flip the switch to enabled.

9 years 3 weeks ago #985 by Poldi
I tried it agian with a new image... (today for three hours).

But if I put the switch to enabled and hit back, after entering my sensor the switch is back to disable!

So it is not possible to use GPIO without the nrf24?

9 years 3 weeks ago #986 by lewys.martin
theyre less than $1 each from the right place :/ just get one even if you dont use it

in the meantime dont restart..

9 years 3 weeks ago #987 by tonyn79
You just can't reboot the server. I don't know why but even though the mysensors does not enable ir allows you to use the GPIO. Until you reboot. Then you need to edit the configuration file to turn off all gpios so the server can boot.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.