esp8266 does not work after power off

8 years 6 months ago #2381 by pelikano
I made a working esp8266 with PIR motion and also the esp8266 with DS18B20. But after power off I have to re-upload the sketch every time. The esp8266 does not want to start again.
How can I fix this so it starts the sketch every time the power is on without uploading the sketch again and again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #2387 by EasyIoT

pelikano wrote: I made a working esp8266 with PIR motion and also the esp8266 with DS18B20. But after power off I have to re-upload the sketch every time. The esp8266 does not want to start again.
How can I fix this so it starts the sketch every time the power is on without uploading the sketch again and again?

Be careful when you power on ESP8266. If some pins are low on power on, then ESP8266 switch in different mode and program is not executing.

8 years 6 months ago #2390 by pelikano
hmm, not very useful answer...

power on reset I made and works on a ESP12;

GPIO0 = VCC
REST to 10K resistor to VCC
REST to 22uF capacitor to GND

At start the capacitor is empty and reset pin is practically connected to GND. Capacitor loads by the resistor to practically VCC.

8 years 6 months ago #2423 by godfish
I thought the modes are set with the AT commands?

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #2428 by EasyIoT
States on GPIO0, GPIO2 and GPIO15 pins declares mode of ESP8266 when power up:

GPIO 0 GPIO 2 GPIO 15
UART Download Mode (Programming) 0 1 0
Flash Startup (Normal) 1 1 0
SD-Card Boot 0 0 1

8 years 5 months ago #2477 by todanielchow
I've also noticed that the 8266 doesn't always power up well depending on what 3.3V power source you use. For instance, I have my TX and RX connected to an Uno board and also powered up the 8266 from the 3.3V on the Uno, I get inconsistent results.

However when powered from a proper power source such as an MB102, I get much more consistent results.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.