× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Some doc over the system.

9 years 1 month ago #1809 by asm7100
Hi cant you make som doc over the system like
under MySensors Driver is
Arduino + NFR24

Under Virtual driver is
xxx

and so on
The project is grate but doc is bad.
And maby som doc to all the tutorals, a tutorial is a step by step on how to do thinks, and then you expect them to work.

Like i say i love this project but the doc is missing big time :-)

Like i cant get my rpi b+ to run the EasyIoT like a service, and that is bad :-)

//
Allan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #1838 by medyk8ns
Replied by medyk8ns on topic Some doc over the system.
Hi,
I agree that better documentation would be great.

Have you read comments under Build->Running EasyIoT server as service?
Maybe this will help you:
http://iot-playground.com/2-uncategorised/4-running-easyiot-server-as-service#comment-139

8 years 10 months ago #2294 by skywatch
Replied by skywatch on topic Some doc over the system.
I agree - It is not at all 'easy' to get this up and running.

Some tutorials leave out important steps (like burning fuses on the low power sensor) - Surely more examples and step-by-step instructions to get people started would improve the community and encourage more to join and try it.

As it stands it's only 'easy' if you are an experineced programmer with HW engineering skills as well.

Please, make this available to everyone who shows interest.

I can help a little if you like.

8 years 9 months ago #2308 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Some doc over the system.

skywatch wrote: I agree - It is not at all 'easy' to get this up and running.

Some tutorials leave out important steps (like burning fuses on the low power sensor) - Surely more examples and step-by-step instructions to get people started would improve the community and encourage more to join and try it.

As it stands it's only 'easy' if you are an experineced programmer with HW engineering skills as well.

Please, make this available to everyone who shows interest.

I can help a little if you like.

Hi, I agree that some docs are missing. Unfortunately I have limited amount of time - I have also job and family and I'm doing this in my spare time. I've build EasyIoT framework for me and then decide to gave it to other people. I didn't expect that this will grow so fast.. :)
Anyway - right now I'm building new version of EasyIoT framework - architecture and some components will be simplified. In the best case you will be able to build sensor in couple of minutes and it will be "plug and play". Sensor will be automatically displayed in EasyIoT interface. You will be also able to configure how sensor node will be displayed.

If you have any idea how you can help let me know..

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.