× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Status of the Node

8 years 11 months ago #1588 by asm7100
Replied by asm7100 on topic Status of the Node
Does MySesnosrs only works with NRF24L01??
To me it seems a little silly to have two kinds of wireless, when you have mcp12 modules?

//
Allan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1589 by asm7100
Replied by asm7100 on topic Status of the Node
Can you make a text about the opportunities you have with Status.XXXXXXX property??

//
Allan

8 years 11 months ago #1591 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Status of the Node

asm7100 wrote: Does MySesnosrs only works with NRF24L01??
To me it seems a little silly to have two kinds of wireless, when you have mcp12 modules?

NRF24L is suitable for low power battery sensors. ESP8266 has better range and it also works without Arduino.

8 years 11 months ago #1599 by lesjaw
Replied by lesjaw on topic Status of the Node

EasyIoT wrote: I have automation program to check if node is alive. For ESP8266 you have Status.Connection property. In MySesnosrs (NRF24L01) driver you do not have connection status, so all nodes should send data at least once per day. If not I detect this and send notification email.

I plan to add Status.Connection visualization in WEB interface on module display.

Last night i was thinking about create automation too, what I was think is create a web server inside the node then create automation to POST/GET data from it then send email if there is no reply.. Btw can we use ping command in automation? As far as I know we can execute cmd.exe...

Status.Connection seems very good indeed... Will try this asap..

8 years 11 months ago #1629 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Status of the Node

lesjaw wrote:

EasyIoT wrote: I have automation program to check if node is alive. For ESP8266 you have Status.Connection property. In MySesnosrs (NRF24L01) driver you do not have connection status, so all nodes should send data at least once per day. If not I detect this and send notification email.

I plan to add Status.Connection visualization in WEB interface on module display.

Last night i was thinking about create automation too, what I was think is create a web server inside the node then create automation to POST/GET data from it then send email if there is no reply.. Btw can we use ping command in automation? As far as I know we can execute cmd.exe...

Status.Connection seems very good indeed... Will try this asap..

Practically you can do everything in automation. There are some POST examples on forum if you need examples.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.