EasyIoT Server v0.9 and RASPBERRY PI 4 MODEL B Raspberry PI GPIO Driver issue

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #4029 by essenemari
Hi Everyone,
well, I did some tests with Rpi4 and unfortunately discovered that Raspberry PI GPIO Driver cannot be enabled with error message:

bcm2835_init: gpio mmap failed: Cannot allocate memory

SPI on Rpi is turned on. RPI4 is up to date from soft as well as from firmware point of view. 

Googled for the issue, at looks like it's common problem for RPI4 in compare to previous RPI versions, i.e.  groups.google.com/g/bcm2835/c/BwZXVsDRtwI

Is there anyone who was able to fix it? Tried?

I am afraid, that playing with Rpi4 only (like bcm2835) may be not enough because there is such EasyIoT file like RPiGPIODriver.dll which probably should be also updated? 
However I am afraid that there will no more updates and info from EasyIoT admin as looks like he abandoned this awesome, really awesome, project :(

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #4030 by essenemari
Dear EasyIoT developers and Admins, 

would you be so kind and look at this issue and let us know if this issue can be fixed on Raspberry Pi4 level without touching EasyIoT internal code by your or this is something that must be fixed on EasyIoT side? If it would require fix on EasyIoT side, would it be possible that you can fix it? 

Please let me know. 
Thanks and regards

2 years 6 months ago #4038 by essenemari
Looks like new members are not able to register + creating new posts by users is also not working. This forum seems to be dead and broken.

If someone would have fix for running the EasyIoT Server on RPi4 (or ideas about fix/workaround) and would be willy to share, please put them on Facebook group:
www.facebook.com/groups/288114246083261/

Thansk!

2 years 6 months ago #4039 by essenemari

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.