Relay control using phone

8 years 1 week ago #3194 by Rokalex
hi, im working on a relay control using arduino uno and esp8266 with the easyiot server and my program its done and working !
but i dont know how to watch it on my phone, its there anyway to watch it directly from the browser of my phone or i have to work with the easyiot cloud app

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #3195 by NightOne
Replied by NightOne on topic Relay control using phone
Yes you can see your EasyIOT server on your phone....the EasyIOT server is writen in jquery so it will automatically adapt to your phone screen....if you have an Android phone I know that they EasyIOT devs have a app specifically for the Android phones...

When you are on your home/EasyIOT server network...meaning wifi, then just use your phone browser and goto the ip address of your EasyIOT server....simple.

If you are not on your home/EasyIOT and you are "on the internet" with 3G/4G then you can access your EasyIOT server only if you have port forwarded your router port to your EasyIOT server.... the best way to do this is to create a Dynamic DNS for your home network...and then you dont need to know the IP address of your internet connection you just type the name..

One recommendation is to port forward the SECURE port of the easy IOT server (default port 1302) and setup an SSL certificate on your easy IOT server.... then you can port forward 443 on the router to port 1302 on your inside server. Google setting up certifcate port on windows machine.

Hope this helps

8 years 1 week ago #3197 by Rokalex
Replied by Rokalex on topic Relay control using phone
Oh thank you very much, of course it helps ! I have a last question .. How can i know which is the ip address of my easyiot server ? I try with the 127.0.0.1 and i cant have access

8 years 1 week ago #3198 by NightOne
Replied by NightOne on topic Relay control using phone
If you are running EasyIOT on your normal machine.... then the easiest way to find out your IP address is open a command prompt and type ipconfig .... this will give you an IP address like 192.168.0.* that is the IP of your internal network...it is not routable so you will not see that address from the internet.... to find out what your interenet (router) address is then just goto google and type "what is my ip" and google will show you in bold letters your external (router address)....

The main reason that you cant see your EasyIOT server from the loopback address (127.0.0.1) is most likely that your windows firewall is stopping it.... If you are running windows 7 or windows 8/10 then just click on the start icon, in windows 7 in the run command type firewall....and your firewall settings come up... there is a button that says add an application to the firewall...just click on that and browse to the EasyIOT.exe and click on that....
In windows 8/10 next to the start button (bottom left) is a search bar...type firewall and you will see a selection called allow an app through the firewall will appear click that and then do the same as above

8 years 1 week ago #3199 by Rokalex
Replied by Rokalex on topic Relay control using phone
Thank you very much, problem solved !

7 years 8 months ago #3450 by henrybcn
Replied by henrybcn on topic Relay control using phone
Hi, I am trying the same, but a bit stuck. Could you share your code/project? :)

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.