× General topics about hardware.

Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266 Board

8 years 11 months ago #1294 by mrbwa1
I have recently run across a new ESP8266 breakout board by Adafruit, the HUZZAH:

www.adafruit.com/products/2471

The Hackaday folks have posted a bit about this little board as well:
hackaday.com/2015/05/01/review-huzzah-is...wifi-setup-you-need/

It appears that this may be a good option for the EasyIOT world as it is breadboard friendly, has the proper hardware for voltage regulation, incorporates 5v to 3.3v level shifting for use with 5v sensors, has an FTDI header for programming and resetting into upload mode for the Arduino IDE.

Granted, at $10, it's not as cheap as the ESP breakouts out there right now, but may be work it for the FCC certification and a supplier that should actually be able to provide customer service in case of a bad module.

Once they are actually back in stock, I think I'll pick one up, as it looks like a good choice for EasyIOT prototyping kinda like the Arduino Pro Mini boards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1310 by EasyIoT

mrbwa1 wrote: I have recently run across a new ESP8266 breakout board by Adafruit, the HUZZAH:

www.adafruit.com/products/2471

The Hackaday folks have posted a bit about this little board as well:
hackaday.com/2015/05/01/review-huzzah-is...wifi-setup-you-need/

It appears that this may be a good option for the EasyIOT world as it is breadboard friendly, has the proper hardware for voltage regulation, incorporates 5v to 3.3v level shifting for use with 5v sensors, has an FTDI header for programming and resetting into upload mode for the Arduino IDE.

Granted, at $10, it's not as cheap as the ESP breakouts out there right now, but may be work it for the FCC certification and a supplier that should actually be able to provide customer service in case of a bad module.

Once they are actually back in stock, I think I'll pick one up, as it looks like a good choice for EasyIOT prototyping kinda like the Arduino Pro Mini boards.

There is similar board in our store and is also cheaper.
http://iot-playground.com/store/transcievers

It is called ESP8266 Lua Nodemcu WIFI Network Development Board, but I'm pretty sure you can load your own firmware not only LUA or even program directly in Arduino IDE. And if you buy in our store you also support this site and EasyIoT framework development.

8 years 11 months ago #1364 by mrbwa1
I will try out the NodeMCU board then as I would rather support E-IOT if I can :)

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.