EasyIoT server vs Cloud

8 years 3 weeks ago #3177 by nwfrog
Hi,

I have just started playing with arduino and have been able to easily set up the EasyIoT server and connectivity to my Arduino+Esp8266. Great product!

When looking at your samples, it sounds like the EasyIoT Cloud is not as mature as your other option. Please confirm.

My first attempt play with EasyIot was to remotely turn on a LED on my Arduino. This exercise was easily achieved with your EasyIoT Server, but I have yet to find such an easy to configure example with your cloud software. In fact, it sounds more that the Cloud solution is only gathering information from the devices at this time. Please enlighten me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 weeks ago #3178 by NightOne
Replied by NightOne on topic EasyIoT server vs Cloud
As far as I have figured out the Cloud version is the future version of EasyIOT server, it has a tightly intergratted MQTT service and works with the pub/sub concept around MQTT. It also opens up a nice set of APIs for control of sensors as well as reading and writing to sensors.
The EasyIOT guys seem hard at work at making it super simple to connect sensors and switches to the Cloud by writing intergrated arduino libraries for your sensors so that its easy to connect to the cloud, through there

The easiest example of a switch for the cloud is here, I would just change the code to switch your LED on and off:

iot-playground.com/blog/2-uncategorised/...syiot-cloud-mqtt-api

Hope this helps

Understanding the cloud MQTT stuff is here: iot-playground.com/blog/2-uncategorised/...syiot-cloud-mqtt-api

8 years 3 weeks ago #3179 by nwfrog
Replied by nwfrog on topic EasyIoT server vs Cloud
I will give it a try thanks.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.