ESP8266 internet connected switch mqtt issue

8 years 1 month ago #3119 by ins4ne.uk
when i try to compile the code i get the same error below every time. all i can see is about the library and thought maybe some of mine from other projects might be messed up so i've even uninstalled the main arduino program removed the prog(86)/arduino folder and the sketches. then re installed from scratch.

but again i get the same error. only thing i noticed was my previous library list was still there if i went to manae library in the application, even thou i had wiped the folder could that be an issue of a remaining library but if so where?!?! :(
or is there something that i missing!!

libraries\esp-mqtt\mqtt\mqtt.c.o:(.bss.default_private_key_len+0x0): multiple definition of `default_private_key_len'
libraries\ESP8266WiFi\WiFiClientSecure.cpp.o:(.bss.default_private_key_len+0x0): first defined here
libraries\esp-mqtt\mqtt\mqtt.c.o:(.bss.default_certificate_len+0x0): multiple definition of `default_certificate_len'
libraries\ESP8266WiFi\WiFiClientSecure.cpp.o:(.bss.default_certificate_len+0x0): first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #3123 by ins4ne.uk
hi,

this can be deleted now ive sorted the problem.

8 years 1 month ago #3135 by avecream
what was the problem? i have the same issue

8 years 3 weeks ago #3172 by ins4ne.uk
i reinstalled the IDE and it worked. it's happening again now thou :(

8 years 1 week ago #3186 by david
:(
I have the same problem
libraries/esp-mqtt/mqtt/mqtt.c.o:(.bss.default_private_key_len+0x0): multiple definition of `default_private_key_len'
libraries/ESP8266WiFi/WiFiClientSecure.cpp.o:(.bss.default_private_key_len+0x0): first defined here
libraries/esp-mqtt/mqtt/mqtt.c.o:(.bss.default_certificate_len+0x0): multiple definition of `default_certificate_len'
libraries/ESP8266WiFi/WiFiClientSecure.cpp.o:(.bss.default_certificate_len+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board WeMos D1(Retired)

8 years 1 week ago #3190 by EasyIoT
Which version of Arduino IDE do you use? Original example was compiled with 1.6.5.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.