File Corruption after couple of days

8 years 9 months ago #1992 by hjfabius
Hi,
I've a Raspberry B with installed EasyIot. Couple of days ago the automation part was not any more updateble. I finally solved re-installing (See my post on the Automation part.

This evening again the same problem and moreover it seems the SQLIte db seems not to be any more readable.

I believe that my SD card is ready to die, even if I disabled the writing of swap and tmp.
In my configuration I've 5 nodes with 3 sensor sending data every 30 seconds, so I can understand that the IO generated by the db are not so few.

Is there anyone that is figuring out similar problem?

I know one option could be installing EasyIot database on a USB. Any experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #1995 by bit
SD and any flash memories have the same problem: limited cycles of read/write.
the best choice is an usb HDD, installing raspbian's root partition on HDD and using SD only for boot partittion.
search "raspberry external hard disk" on google, there are a lot of tutorials.

I'm sorry for my poor english.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hjfabius

8 years 8 months ago #2001 by hjfabius
Latest HDD use solid memory. In my understanding is a sort of flash memory so the problem is no fully solved. It would maybe interesting to try mapping the database on cloud storage

8 years 8 months ago #2003 by bit
latest SSD with TRIM tecnology is much more reliable than an USB stick, but it have a shorter lifetime than a classical HDD.
i'm using an old 2.5'', 120GB SATA HDD on my rasp, i dont like to be hang on cloud.

I'm sorry for my poor english.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.