Lost all users

9 years 6 days ago #1161 by Ghydda
Lost all users was created by Ghydda
Hi,

I have EasyIoT running on a RaspPi2 without issues, until yesterday that is.
I've recently changed password on the admin account and had shortly thereafter an improper shutdown of the RaspPi2.

Now both the admin and normal user account in EasyIoT says I'm using wrong usr/pwd combination :(
I suspect of course the previous mentioned improper shutdown might have something to do with it :oops:

Which file is storing the user accounts and can I just delete it and rerun easyiot.exe to return to default configuration with only admin/test account (and thus keep my node config and automation programs)?
Or do I have to delete the easyiot folder completely and do reinstall+reconfig? :unsure:

While I wait for a response i will go look for a donate button on the site, because Igor really deserves some spare change to spend on a brewski :)

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 days ago #1163 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Lost all users

Ghydda wrote: Hi,

I have EasyIoT running on a RaspPi2 without issues, until yesterday that is.
I've recently changed password on the admin account and had shortly thereafter an improper shutdown of the RaspPi2.

Now both the admin and normal user account in EasyIoT says I'm using wrong usr/pwd combination :(
I suspect of course the previous mentioned improper shutdown might have something to do with it :oops:

Which file is storing the user accounts and can I just delete it and rerun easyiot.exe to return to default configuration with only admin/test account (and thus keep my node config and automation programs)?
Or do I have to delete the easyiot folder completely and do reinstall+reconfig? :unsure:

While I wait for a response i will go look for a donate button on the site, because Igor really deserves some spare change to spend on a brewski :)

Cheers!

Improper shutdown my result in configuration lost. All configuration data are stored in config folder. It is recommended to backup this folder sometimes. Users are stored in systemconfig.xml. Try to repair this file in editor or replace with installation file. File is in XML form and easy to understand. Shut down server before change/replace file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghydda

9 years 6 days ago #1166 by Ghydda
Replied by Ghydda on topic Lost all users
Ahhh yes i see it - one edit later and it all works a treat again :woohoo:
I'm going to take your advice and set up a cron job to make daily backups of the ./config folder.

Many thanks.

9 years 6 days ago #1167 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Lost all users

Ghydda wrote: Ahhh yes i see it - one edit later and it all works a treat again :woohoo:
I'm going to take your advice and set up a cron job to make daily backups of the ./config folder.

Many thanks.

Good idea - cron job with backup.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.