Help on ESP8266 WIFI with EasyIOT Server...

7 years 10 months ago #3394 by Senzuku
Hello all, do note that this post is rather long, and let me thank you first for willing to read and help me in making this work.

I have been trying to implement various sensors on the easyiot server through the ESP8266 module using an Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V. While I have experience in using arduino, this is the first time in regards to me touching wifi modules and programing them.

So currently I am encountering a problem with the ESP8266, in which that after updating the firmware located on the firmware update guide here, I have changed the baud rate to 9600 using AT+CIOBAUD=9600 on an Lua based esp8266 communicator by NodeMCU on benlo.com. The ESP8266 appear on my laptop network list just fine, with blue flashes once in awhile. But the moment I connect it to my arduino circuit, the blue led stop blinking and the module no longer appear in my network list.

Even after taking out the module and connecting it back to the TTL to UART circuit connection based on the firmware update guide, the module no longer communicate with my Lua program, or Putty at all. If anyone could let me know what I did wrong, I will be extremely grateful.

These are the software, hardware and steps I have taken in the process of remaking a temperature and humidity sensor for the EasyIOT Server.

Hardware

1. Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V 8 Mhz ATMega328
2. DHT22 Temperature and Humidity Sensor
3. S7V8F3 Step up/down 3.3V Voltage Regulator
4. FTDI FT232RL USB to serial IC 5V/3.3V
5. 4.5V Supply using 3 AA Battery

Software

1. Arduino IDE 1.6.8
2. ESP8266 Flasher and firmware from update guide
3. V0.91 ESP8266 LuaLoader from Benlo.com
4. EasyIOT Server V0.9

Steps Taken

1. Create temperature and humidity sensor circuit based on the guide in Build, along with the connection circuit for ESP8266 with Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V.

2. Ensure COM1 port baud rate is 9600 from Device Manager (The port my FTDI is using), then connect ESP8266 to the FTDI based on the firmware update guide, with GIO0 connected to ground.

3. Using the flasher from the guide, go to Tools, config device, open COM1 at 115200 baud rate. Connect device. Go to API Test, Flash Image Download and choose the .bin file provided by the guide. Click download while the address is at 0x00000.

4. Open LuaLoader and sync with ESP8266 at 115200 baud rate. Type AT and receive OK from loader. Type AT+GMR to see SDK at v0.95 or something similar, can't remember. Type AT+CIOBAUD=9600, then sync with ESP8266 at 9600 baud Rate. Type AT and got back OK. Disconnect GIO0 from ground.

5. Reconnect ESP8266 to 3.3V and ground only, device found in network list. Then reconnect module to sensor circuit. VCC and CH_PD to 3.3V, RST to Pin 3, UTXD to Pin 10, URXD to Pin 11 and ground to ground.

Note that Arduino and DHT22 share common VCC and Ground source with ESP8266. And before proceeding to 6, entire network is powered.

6. Start up Arduino IDE, download all easyiotesp8266 files and put in arduino library. Paste V2.0 version of the temperature and humidity code into arduino IDE, changed the SSID, password and ip address in the the config header file, save and then upload the code to the Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V

I also came across the following warning messages from Arduino IDE, don't know if it related to my problem. But here goes:

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path} etc...

7.Start up EasyIOT server with admin rights, connect laptop to my handphone's hotspot network without password and use ipconfig to find IP Address.

8. Type IP Address into Firefox and login to server using admin and test. Go to configure and click esp8266 easyiot driver, ensure same port as in config file, then click add node.Timed out. Repeated a few times, similar results.

If someone could provide me step by step guide to making the easyiot server work for the temperature and humidity sensor, that would be great. But I really suspect I screwed up somewhere with the wifi module, so help will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #3395 by Senzuku
Oh, and for the record, I am using the ESP8266-01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.