EasyIoT sketch result 182% of Global variables!!

8 years 2 months ago #2965 by osalval
Big problem!.

After developing projects using nRF24L01 I start to do the same with ESP8266, is the main advantage of EasyIoT controller.

I start from a good working sketch using nRF24L01 and My Sensors library in Arduino Nano: 40% of dynamic global variables

To same sketch using Esp8266EasyIoT library: 182% of dynamic global variables!!

Of course I check it all and there is no differences. It seems Esp8266EasyIoT only can afford for 2 or 3 sensors maximun in Arduino UNO, Nano, or Mini boards.

Trying a sketch controlling 2 relays and one light sensors results in 81% of Global variables.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #2979 by EasyIoT

osalval wrote: Big problem!.

After developing projects using nRF24L01 I start to do the same with ESP8266, is the main advantage of EasyIoT controller.

I start from a good working sketch using nRF24L01 and My Sensors library in Arduino Nano: 40% of dynamic global variables

To same sketch using Esp8266EasyIoT library: 182% of dynamic global variables!!

Of course I check it all and there is no differences. It seems Esp8266EasyIoT only can afford for 2 or 3 sensors maximun in Arduino UNO, Nano, or Mini boards.

Trying a sketch controlling 2 relays and one light sensors results in 81% of Global variables.

Esp8266EasyIoT was developed for Arduino in times when no ESP8266 Arduino IDE exists and ESP8266 firmware was unstable. Now you can develop directly for ESP8266 in ESP8266 Arduino IDE. You can use Esp8266EasyIoT library and modify it to work directly on ESP8266. In lib are two main loops. One is for communication with between Arduino and ESP8266 and second loop is for communication between EasyIoT server and ESP8266. Just remove part for communication with Arduino - you do not need it, because you will use library directly on ESP8266. I guess you will get a lot of additional memory if you do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: osalval

8 years 1 month ago #3085 by osalval
I know that.
But we are talking about ESP-01 and with, only 2 GPIO ports, its utility is more as radio interface.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.