Interesting new error with modules.xml

8 years 5 months ago #2527 by NightOne
My EasyIOT server has been running flawlessly for a long time, but in the last month I have had an error happen twice.

For some unknow reason the modules.xml wipes itself clean of all my settings and I am left with a 1k file with the following line only
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ArrayOfModule xmlns:xsi=" www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance " xmlns:xsd=" www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema ">

the the content has disappeared and oviously my frontpage is blank.... I have a backup copy of the file and stop server and copy file back and everything works again.

What is interesting I am not doing anything on the server, meaning not making any changes to config.

I am on version V0.9 and running on windows 10 pro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #2537 by EasyIoT

NightOne wrote: My EasyIOT server has been running flawlessly for a long time, but in the last month I have had an error happen twice.

For some unknow reason the modules.xml wipes itself clean of all my settings and I am left with a 1k file with the following line only
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ArrayOfModule xmlns:xsi=" www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance " xmlns:xsd=" www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema ">

the the content has disappeared and oviously my frontpage is blank.... I have a backup copy of the file and stop server and copy file back and everything works again.

What is interesting I am not doing anything on the server, meaning not making any changes to config.

I am on version V0.9 and running on windows 10 pro

It looks like your configuration file is corrupted. If file is corrupted then after next start file will be empty like in your case. What is reason I do not know. Maybe problem with SD card or bad character in config file (bad character in module name for example).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.