Automation issue: Falling edge

8 years 2 months ago #2927 by ArneiO
I have an outdoor lamp on one module that is controlled on/off by a photoresistor on an other module. I want to use the following automation conditions:
"< falling edge", fixed value 400
and
"> rising edge", fixed value 500
(Intended hysteresis to avoid lamp flickering in the transition)
But it does not work as expected:
When lamp is ON and light increases, the lamp is switched OFF (correct).
But hen lamp is OFF and light decreases, nothing happens.

If I use "<" and ">" (without rising/falling edge) instead, it works as expected, but I am not able to force the lamp on/off, as the automation takes over (which is as expected).

("<= falling edge" has the same behavior)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #2932 by EasyIoT

ArneiO wrote: I have an outdoor lamp on one module that is controlled on/off by a photoresistor on an other module. I want to use the following automation conditions:
"< falling edge", fixed value 400
and
"> rising edge", fixed value 500
(Intended hysteresis to avoid lamp flickering in the transition)
But it does not work as expected:
When lamp is ON and light increases, the lamp is switched OFF (correct).
But hen lamp is OFF and light decreases, nothing happens.

If I use "<" and ">" (without rising/falling edge) instead, it works as expected, but I am not able to force the lamp on/off, as the automation takes over (which is as expected).

("<= falling edge" has the same behavior)

I'm not sure if you can do hysteresis with falling and rising edge, because they are in two separate programs.

8 years 2 months ago #2933 by ArneiO
OK, never mind the hysteresis. What about what looks like a bug? Am I misunderstanding the use of falling edge / rising edge?

8 years 2 months ago #2935 by EasyIoT

ArneiO wrote: OK, never mind the hysteresis. What about what looks like a bug? Am I misunderstanding the use of falling edge / rising edge?

Rising edge - first time when condition is true and it was not true before
falling edge - first time when condition is not true and it was true before

8 years 2 months ago #2937 by ArneiO
I am not sure if I fully understand your explanation.
The behavior I expect is:
"> Rising edge":
First time the parameter is larger than the given value, when it was smaller or equal before
"< falling edge":
First time the parameter is smaller than the given value, when it was larger or equal before

Does this correspond to your intended performance, or should I set the parameters differently to obtain this?

8 years 2 months ago #2939 by EasyIoT
< and > is just condition. If you have for example temp. sensor and set email notification when temp. is > 20 then you will get email notification every time temperature is greater than 20 - usually you do not want that, because you report temperature periodically.

If you set "> rising" then you will be notified only when temp. goes from less than 20 to more than 20.
If you set "> falling" then you will be notified only when temp drops from more than 20 to less than 20.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.