ESP8266 WiFi touch screen thermostat

8 years 11 months ago #1478 by EasyIoT

illwill wrote: i came here originally because i was using 1.6.3 and i got these errors

fatal error: SevenSegNumFontPlus.h: No such file or directory
fatal error: SevenSeg_XXXL_Num.h: No such file or directory
fatal error: arial_normal.h: No such file or directory

i downgraded to older ide 1.0.6. everything compiled perfect. i dont have any sensors attached yet but i do see the graphics on the screen. if i press the button theres no responses, does it need sensors just to go into settings?

I don't know for sensors, but you need connection to server. If thermostat is not connected to server touch response is delayed.
I recommend you to test your HW with separated demo programs included in libraries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rglide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1549 by illwill
really weird i booted it up and the touchscreen worked without anything else hooked up, but i got into the schedule menu and there was no back button , so i powered down and powered on and i lost the touchscreen again

8 years 11 months ago #1578 by EasyIoT

illwill wrote: really weird i booted it up and the touchscreen worked without anything else hooked up, but i got into the schedule menu and there was no back button , so i powered down and powered on and i lost the touchscreen again

In schedule you do not have back button. Just go back on first schedule or next on last schedule.
It also happened to me that touch stops working when I reprogrammed thermostat during development. Switch off/on solves problem. Now it works on my wall without problems.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1596 by illwill
it must be that it kind of needs to boot up and be on for a bit before the touchscreen starts to work. i just tried booting it up today and left it on for a few hhours while i was at work, when i got home the touchscreen was working but when i unplugged it and plugged it in again it stopped working.

it took about 7 minutes on the clock for it to recognize any touches on the screen, sometimes id see the presses register( red square around button), like for instance in setting the time/date.. but the numbers wouldnt changed

i just got some parts in today so ill try hooking some stuff up to it to see if that fixes anything

8 years 10 months ago #1765 by cdj
Always at the same point. Today i've disconnected everything from arduino mega, also the tft and shield and tried to connect only esp on Serial1 pins and reset on pin 12... Same result. Ai-Thinker appear on reset, so i thing that reset circuit work and tx of esp is correctly connected to arduino.
Something wrong on esp rx line because at+cwmode=1 goes in timeout... always timeout.
I'm using 2 resistor: arduino tx - 10k - esp rx- 22k - gnd... what's wrong? i've used this config in other project without problems.
Connection is perfect and soldered... (tested one by one)....
Esp module work perfect in my "test/flash pcb" connected to usb ttl....
In this moment i want to buy a brand new thermostat :ohmy:

All suggestion is good for me, thanks in advance.

8 years 10 months ago #1770 by EasyIoT

cdj wrote: Always at the same point. Today i've disconnected everything from arduino mega, also the tft and shield and tried to connect only esp on Serial1 pins and reset on pin 12... Same result. Ai-Thinker appear on reset, so i thing that reset circuit work and tx of esp is correctly connected to arduino.
Something wrong on esp rx line because at+cwmode=1 goes in timeout... always timeout.
I'm using 2 resistor: arduino tx - 10k - esp rx- 22k - gnd... what's wrong? i've used this config in other project without problems.
Connection is perfect and soldered... (tested one by one)....
Esp module work perfect in my "test/flash pcb" connected to usb ttl....
In this moment i want to buy a brand new thermostat :ohmy:

All suggestion is good for me, thanks in advance.

What about power supply? I have problems with ESP if I use one particular power supply.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.