× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Infra Red for Remote TV, AC, Sound System

9 years 13 hours ago #1243 by lesjaw
Can you make tutorial about setting up controller for infra red to control TV, AC etc and add it to EasyIoT server? i think we dont need to provide all button from the remote, perhaps only like turn on/off, next/prevous channel for tv, for Air Conditioner Plus/Minus Temp..

so basically we control those device from the infra red, replacing their remote control.

Thanks..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1255 by EasyIoT

lesjaw wrote: Can you make tutorial about setting up controller for infra red to control TV, AC etc and add it to EasyIoT server? i think we dont need to provide all button from the remote, perhaps only like turn on/off, next/prevous channel for tv, for Air Conditioner Plus/Minus Temp..

so basically we control those device from the infra red, replacing their remote control.

Thanks..

Use Arduino as sensor node and add IR LED + lib to control IR LED. That way you can remotely control devices without modifying HW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesjaw

8 years 11 months ago #1639 by lesjaw

EasyIoT wrote:

lesjaw wrote: Can you make tutorial about setting up controller for infra red to control TV, AC etc and add it to EasyIoT server? i think we dont need to provide all button from the remote, perhaps only like turn on/off, next/prevous channel for tv, for Air Conditioner Plus/Minus Temp..

Thanks..

Use Arduino as sensor node and add IR LED + lib to control IR LED. That way you can remotely control devices without modifying HW.

ok.. i have succed manage the arduino + IR lib.. and i'm using esp8266 for the communication to EasyIoT server, but i have couple problem for the user interface in EasyIoT Server..

we only have a couple of ouput.. i saw AO and Roller Shutter AODO, it has controlUp and controlDown,

for AO it so hard to make a logical code for Volume Up/Down because i got no feedback from the TV/Sound/AC.. because the communication is only one way..

and for Roller Shutter, i can manipulate this for Volume Up and Volume Down or Channel Up/Down (TV) using controlUp and controlDown..

But Please make another AO for Only controlUp and controlDown..

any one have suggestion what intreface should i use for Vol Up/Down to control TV Volume? using current version of EasyIoT server..

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.