One ESP8266 multiple switches

8 years 4 months ago #2595 by nlambuca
Hi,
used to programming, but new to MQTT....

So The client I am using (using the example published on this site forWIFI connected relay) uses one module and one parameter.
Online I can see it.
It seems easy also on client side to get parameter2. Seems easy to add parameter on server.

Question/Description:
I want one esp8266 to have several modules. (several relays)
At the same time, I would like that when I hit on or off on MQTT GUI to control parameter I send. Either 1 or 0, or other combination 12345 ot 987665.

Idea is that I built a gateway WIFI to RF using ESP8266 to control RF power outlets.... and ideally using MQTT directly. Other option is to create a wrapper app to behave as MQTT multiples clients and use standard HTTP protocols to the gateway....

Ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #2596 by nlambuca
Also, does the online iot server allow virtual module? I couldn't find the option.

I could create virtual modules that would be converted to one generic, connected to esp.

8 years 4 months ago #2612 by EasyIoT
Use MQTT broker on ESP8266 side and then connect with EasyIoT server MQTT client to this broker. I didn't tested this configuration, but I guess it can work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nlambuca

8 years 4 months ago #2620 by nlambuca
OK, and this ESP8266 broker could connect to other broker? And that will publish all the modules?

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.