ESP8266 WiFi relay switch (Arduino IDE)

8 years 2 months ago #2924 by markusonfire
I answered this question in your other thread - please don't post the same question in multiple topics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #3328 by donvukovic
I have copied this code into my Arduino 1.6.8 as a new project.
I changed the ssid and password and it compiles correctly.
Best of all it works as described.......

The program actually works, but it seems to be very slow in updating.
From pressing any of the 8 buttons to an update of the Red/Green flags, it take up to 10 seconds !
Is this how these devices work in real life or is there anything I can do to speed up the update process?

Thank You f8vpe for sharing your code.
This is the first code I have got running on the ESPxxxx.
I am not a web guy, is this what I should expect from the ESP family of devices ?

Thanks

Don

7 years 10 months ago #3329 by Manan
Thanks for the reply
Well, no the esp8266 device family in it itself when coupled with proper web server works aweseomly but the thing that we are using is beta version of iot web server developed by adafruit so the sending and receiving of data takes time, I guess multiple factors like the traffic over your local wifi, your internet speed and moreover traffic over the adafruit iot server decides the update speed
I would recommend you to experiment with various iot web servers around, it will be fun....
The following user(s) said Thank You: donvukovic

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3331 by f8vpe
Dear Don,

It's not slow, it depends on the browser, the switch reacts quickly but the screen updates slowly (using Windows 7/10 and Firefox)
When I use Firefox on Android is really quick, all on the same network, I was suprised too when I discovered that it was quick on Android.

Maybe an old browser will help !

Kind regards, Robert F8VPE
The following user(s) said Thank You: donvukovic

7 years 10 months ago #3334 by EasyIoT

f8vpe wrote: Dear Don,

It's not slow, it depends on the browser, the switch reacts quickly but the screen updates slowly (using Windows 7/10 and Firefox)
When I use Firefox on Android is really quick, all on the same network, I was suprised too when I discovered that it was quick on Android.

Maybe an old browser will help !

Kind regards, Robert F8VPE

I've tested switch on Firefox, Explorer and Chrome and it works fast - less than 1 s. Be careful if you have camera widget and slow internet connection. Maybe camera image update slows your data transfer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pablo

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3338 by sueche

f8vpe wrote: For the second one (the first link is dead) you have to supply +5V and - (negative) to the relay and the IN and - (negative) to the ESP On the other hand you may use a solid state relay, you may connect it directly between the negative and the port of the ESP (or inversed)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24V-380V-40A-250V-SSR-40-DA-Solid-State-Relay-Module-3-32V-DC-To-AC-/201414937205
The drive power on the port is 12mA, a relay board needs 0.75 mA, the solid state needs 6.5 mA so this should not give any problems.

Just tested with SSR and the result if fine. The relay (Fotek SSR-40 DA) has to be connected like this: power to relay (+) and the GPIO by choice to relay (-). The inversion has to be in the SW code: On - low state, OFF - high state.
As for the Fotek SSR - here's an interesting post: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-inner-workings-of-Counterfeit-FOTEK-SSRs/

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.