#/ subscription is enable

7 years 10 months ago #3321 by Zaitsev
Replied by Zaitsev on topic #/ subscription is enable

EasyIoT wrote: I'm thinking to simplify things and skip /Db/[instance id]/ entirely. This will break backward compatibility, but it will significantly simplify design. MQTT topics for parameter will be just /[module id]/[parameter name] or [custom topic]. Also /Db/InstanceId topic no longer will be needed. Also /# or /[cutom topics]/# will work. Since Cloud is in beta I think it's still time to change this.

This solution I found on commercial service www.cloudmqtt.com .
They also enabled $SYS/# with 2 usefull options:
  1. $SYS/broker/log/N: "1464334415: New connection from 213.87.145.139 on port 10076."
    - useful for client debuging
  2. $SYS/broker/uptime: "810942 seconds"
    - useful for data timestamp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #3322 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic #/ subscription is enable

Zaitsev wrote:

EasyIoT wrote: I'm thinking to simplify things and skip /Db/[instance id]/ entirely. This will break backward compatibility, but it will significantly simplify design. MQTT topics for parameter will be just /[module id]/[parameter name] or [custom topic]. Also /Db/InstanceId topic no longer will be needed. Also /# or /[cutom topics]/# will work. Since Cloud is in beta I think it's still time to change this.

This solution I found on commercial service www.cloudmqtt .com.
They also enabled $SYS/# with 2 usefull options:
  1. $SYS/broker/log/N: "1464334415: New connection from 213.87.145.139 on port 10076."
    - useful for client debuging
  2. $SYS/broker/uptime: "810942 seconds"
    - useful for data timestamp

It's interesting, but they provide only MQTT broker. Since in EasyIoT Cloud solution we provide also user WEB interface I guess it will be better to add some debug info in web interface. Also for other function not only MQTT. What do you think?

7 years 10 months ago #3323 by Zaitsev
It is useful to add timestamp (first field) into data package:
812999 331 0 26 2036 12 3
I use m590 GSM module and when I place all data in 1 publish there is no failure at all compared to the separate publishing (I tested 2000 seances every 2 minutes). This is because GSM signal is changing while seance. So completing seance as soon as possible you will decrease failure probability.
I implemented all of this on EasyIoT (windows 8x64) application using C# automation scripts.
May be my experience would be useful for the Cloud design.

7 years 10 months ago #3325 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic #/ subscription is enable

Zaitsev wrote: It is useful to add timestamp (first field) into data package:
I use m590 GSM module and when I place all data in 1 publish there is no failure at all compared to the separate publishing (I tested 2000 seances every 2 minutes). This is because GSM signal is changing while seance. So completing seance as soon as possible you will decrease failure probability.
I implemented all of this on EasyIoT (windows 8x64) application using C# automation scripts.
May be my experience would be useful for the Cloud design.

Sorry, I think I don't understand you. What do you mean by 812999 331 0 26 2036 12 3 data package?

7 years 10 months ago #3326 by Zaitsev
First field 812999 is timestamp
331 is sequence number
and other is sensor data – 26 is temperature
12 is gsm signal
2036 is battery voltage

When I began to send all together the risk of failure became much lower

7 years 10 months ago #3332 by maesa
Replied by maesa on topic #/ subscription is enable
Hello,

I have a "digital output" module with a parameter for which I set a custom MQTT topic as /Db/56[...]22/ESP/Motor.

Using an ESP-01 and the PubSubClient.h library or using mqtt-spy, I can subscribe to /Db/56[...]22/ESP/+ and, when I use the web interface to change the value of the module, my client gets the topic and data as expected.

But when I try to publish a message ("0" or "1") to that topic (/Db/56[...]22/ESP/Motor) using the ESP-01 or mqtt-spy as client, the client disconnects and nothing is published.

This is an issue I was not encountering earlier, when it was still possible to use /ESP/Motor as topic, without the /DB/InstanceId.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.