Persistent logins

8 years 2 months ago #2987 by krekr
Persistent logins was created by krekr
Hi developers, thanks for the awesome system! I've been testing it for some time and will using it to remote control a heating appliance.
There's just one thing that nags me; the login page somehow doesn't get recognized as username/password textboxes and so you won't be asked if you want to remember the credentials on several platforms (OS X, Firefox w/ LastPass, Safari on iOS etc.).
Also, input on the username textbox gets autocaptitalised on iOS. This means the login procedure is a little bit of a hassle and has to be repeated on every pageload.

Regarding autocapitalisation: this should help: <input type="text" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="none"> from
stackoverflow.com/questions/5171764/how-...l-form-fields-in-ios
I can't really see why the login form isn't recognised as such, but it might be that you're using javascript and there's no <INPUT type="submit" value="Send"> button?

Fixing this would really make life a lot easier for some people. I'd be happy to try this on a local installation so it can get implemented in the cloud-version. Let me know. Thanks in advance and best regards from Holland,

Gregor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #2989 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Persistent logins

krekr wrote: Hi developers, thanks for the awesome system! I've been testing it for some time and will using it to remote control a heating appliance.
There's just one thing that nags me; the login page somehow doesn't get recognized as username/password textboxes and so you won't be asked if you want to remember the credentials on several platforms (OS X, Firefox w/ LastPass, Safari on iOS etc.).
Also, input on the username textbox gets autocaptitalised on iOS. This means the login procedure is a little bit of a hassle and has to be repeated on every pageload.

Regarding autocapitalisation: this should help: <input type="text" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="none"> from
stackoverflow.com/questions/5171764/how-...l-form-fields-in-ios
I can't really see why the login form isn't recognised as such, but it might be that you're using javascript and there's no <INPUT type="submit" value="Send"> button?

Fixing this would really make life a lot easier for some people. I'd be happy to try this on a local installation so it can get implemented in the cloud-version. Let me know. Thanks in advance and best regards from Holland,

Gregor

I've changed some things. Try now.

8 years 2 months ago #2992 by ArneiO
Replied by ArneiO on topic Persistent logins

EasyIoT wrote: I've changed some things. Try now.

Yes - thank you - this is much better!

8 years 1 month ago #3003 by krekr
Replied by krekr on topic Persistent logins
Awesome, thanks so much! iOS saves the password as well!

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.