Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Persistent logins

Persistent logins 1 year 2 months ago #2987

• krekr
Hi developers, thanks for the awesome system! I've been testing it for some time and will using it to remote control a heating appliance.
There's just one thing that nags me; the login page somehow doesn't get recognized as username/password textboxes and so you won't be asked if you want to remember the credentials on several platforms (OS X, Firefox w/ LastPass, Safari on iOS etc.).
Also, input on the username textbox gets autocaptitalised on iOS. This means the login procedure is a little bit of a hassle and has to be repeated on every pageload.

Regarding autocapitalisation: this should help: <input type="text" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="none"> from
stackoverflow.com/questions/5171764/how-...l-form-fields-in-ios
I can't really see why the login form isn't recognised as such, but it might be that you're using javascript and there's no <INPUT type="submit" value="Send"> button?

Fixing this would really make life a lot easier for some people. I'd be happy to try this on a local installation so it can get implemented in the cloud-version. Let me know. Thanks in advance and best regards from Holland,

Gregor
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Persistent logins 1 year 2 months ago #2989

• EasyIoT
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 252
krekr wrote:
Hi developers, thanks for the awesome system! I've been testing it for some time and will using it to remote control a heating appliance.
There's just one thing that nags me; the login page somehow doesn't get recognized as username/password textboxes and so you won't be asked if you want to remember the credentials on several platforms (OS X, Firefox w/ LastPass, Safari on iOS etc.).
Also, input on the username textbox gets autocaptitalised on iOS. This means the login procedure is a little bit of a hassle and has to be repeated on every pageload.

Regarding autocapitalisation: this should help: <input type="text" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="none"> from
stackoverflow.com/questions/5171764/how-...l-form-fields-in-ios
I can't really see why the login form isn't recognised as such, but it might be that you're using javascript and there's no <INPUT type="submit" value="Send"> button?

Fixing this would really make life a lot easier for some people. I'd be happy to try this on a local installation so it can get implemented in the cloud-version. Let me know. Thanks in advance and best regards from Holland,

Gregor

I've changed some things. Try now.

Persistent logins 1 year 2 months ago #2992

• ArneiO
  • Thank you received: 13
EasyIoT wrote:
I've changed some things. Try now.

Yes - thank you - this is much better!

Persistent logins 1 year 1 month ago #3003

• krekr
Awesome, thanks so much! iOS saves the password as well!
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds