WIFI switch with the ESP8266

7 years 2 months ago #3702 by jonarotz
iot-playground.com/blog/2-uncategorised/...mqtt-api-v1-improved

I am following the tutorial on this, but I am completely lost when I need to include the MQTT content library stuff. I am a newbie and I don't have the best grasp on this stuff, but when I click the link there are a bunch of random files and folders. What do I really need? Can somebody please walk me through this step? I've been at this for hours and I still don't get it.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #3703 by EasyIoT

jonarotz wrote: iot-playground.com/blog/2-uncategorised/...mqtt-api-v1-improved

I am following the tutorial on this, but I am completely lost when I need to include the MQTT content library stuff. I am a newbie and I don't have the best grasp on this stuff, but when I click the link there are a bunch of random files and folders. What do I really need? Can somebody please walk me through this step? I've been at this for hours and I still don't get it.
Thanks!

Put additional library esp-mqtt library to arduino/libraries folder. Then load and compile esp8266_mqtt_switch1.ino in Arduino IDE.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #3704 by jonarotz

EasyIoT wrote: [quote

Put additional library esp-mqtt library to arduino/libraries folder. Then load and compile esp8266_mqtt_switch1.ino in Arduino IDE.

Please excuse my ignorance, but when I click the link for the mqtt I see a couple folders and files, what do I copy to the arduino library? Does it need to be named something special when I copy it to the arduino library? I guess I'm confused because I don't see a zip folder or anything and no way to download.
Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #3709 by EasyIoT

jonarotz wrote:

EasyIoT wrote: [quote

Please excuse my ignorance, but when I click the link for the mqtt I see a couple folders and files, what do I copy to the arduino library? Does it need to be named something special when I copy it to the arduino library? I guess I'm confused because I don't see a zip folder or anything and no way to download.

Download complete EasyIoT Cloud (download zip) from github. Then copy only esp-mqtt folder to Arduino/libraries folder.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #3710 by jonarotz
Ok I got it all figured out and got me ESP flashed...

Next issue, the EasyIoT switch does nothing.
I also have a constant red led on my esp along with a blinking blue one every 10 seconds or so.
I can see the wifi signal on my phone, but it is called ESP_0F753A and with every blink of the blue LED it disappears from my list of available wifi signals.
Also, with the blue led blink my GPIO2 flashes 3.3v to an LED???
What now?
Sorry to keep bugging you, I just want this thing to work

Thanks!

7 years 2 months ago #3711 by EasyIoT

jonarotz wrote: Ok I got it all figured out and got me ESP flashed...

Next issue, the EasyIoT switch does nothing.
I also have a constant red led on my esp along with a blinking blue one every 10 seconds or so.
I can see the wifi signal on my phone, but it is called ESP_0F753A and with every blink of the blue LED it disappears from my list of available wifi signals.
Also, with the blue led blink my GPIO2 flashes 3.3v to an LED???
What now?
Sorry to keep bugging you, I just want this thing to work

Thanks!

Enable debug and see what's happening in serial. Also try to search forum - there are similar questions.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.