#/ subscription is enable

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3309 by Zaitsev
It is possible for everybody read data of everybody - not so good for professional service.
I also propose enabling subscription to $SYS/#.

[admin] removed picture, because of visible ID's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #3313 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic #/ subscription is enable

Zaitsev wrote: It is possible for everybody read data of everybody - not so good for professional service.
I also propose enabling subscription to $SYS/#.

Thx for report. That's why it's still beta :)
/# is now disabled. You can only subscribe to your data topic /Db/[instance id]/#.

7 years 10 months ago #3315 by maesa
Replied by maesa on topic #/ subscription is enable
I believe that it means that I cannot use a custom MQTT topic like /MyTopic/Something but should rather use /Db/[instance id]/MyTopic/Something.
At least, it explains why my subscriptions to /MyTopic/+ do not give any result anymore... :huh:

Fortunately, it is currently still possible to publish to /MyTopic/Something, so I can still follow the status of my IoT components through your Web interface. Do you plan to disable publishing to /MyTopic as well and, if so, when ? I believe that the fact that it is still possible means that I could probably publish to /Db/[someone else's instance]/#...

7 years 10 months ago #3316 by maesa
Replied by maesa on topic #/ subscription is enable
Hum... My tests seem to show that only a subscription to /Db/[instance id]/+ is still working, but not e.g. /Db/[instance id]/MyTopic/#.
Isn't that too restrictive? Would it be possible e.g. to use wildcards only if the topic begins with /Db/[instance id]/ but is possibly longer? It would allow multiple clients to listen to specific topics within the same instance...

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3317 by EasyIoT

maesa wrote: I believe that it means that I cannot use a custom MQTT topic like /MyTopic/Something but should rather use /Db/[instance id]/MyTopic/Something.
At least, it explains why my subscriptions to /MyTopic/+ do not give any result anymore... :huh:

Fortunately, it is currently still possible to publish to /MyTopic/Something, so I can still follow the status of my IoT components through your Web interface. Do you plan to disable publishing to /MyTopic as well and, if so, when ? I believe that the fact that it is still possible means that I could probably publish to /Db/[someone else's instance]/#...

Currently you can only publish to custom /MyTopic/Something, subscribe does not work. We are searching for solution. This was quick fix to disable /#. Subscribe and publish to standard topic works ok.
Regarding to publish to someone else's instance - you do not know this instance and full topic. Even if you know it then username and password is checked before updating value.

7 years 10 months ago #3320 by EasyIoT
I'm thinking to simplify things and skip /Db/[instance id]/ entirely. This will break backward compatibility, but it will significantly simplify design. MQTT topics for parameter will be just /[module id]/[parameter name] or [custom topic]. Also /Db/InstanceId topic no longer will be needed. Also /# or /[cutom topics]/# will work. Since Cloud is in beta I think it's still time to change this.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.