[solved] Can't browse EasyIoT server on mobile

4 years 4 months ago #373 by skywatch
I get the same problem with my android (2.2.3) that I use mainly as a media controller. It would be nice to access EIoT from it, but I have tried 2 different browsers and both are not working.

Maybe they don't have HTML5 support?

Skywatch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #374 by Xavier
Does it has to? The main page declare html4:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
:dry:
But it uses XML and JavaScript.

4 years 4 months ago #376 by EasyIoT
Android 2.2.3 :huh: that's old. I even don't know anyone who uses Android 2.2. I will test tomorrow on Android simulator, but don't expect too much.
Even new native Android EasyIoT app will not support Android 2.2. It will support Android 4 and above - that's more than 90% of phones in use. I've checked today:
developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

4 years 4 months ago #383 by Xavier
Mine is in 2.3.6, I could upgrade (and did but reverted) but it would loose beloved functionality. The main one is Privacy. I don't have to register to Google. The data inside are mine and only mine!

4 years 4 months ago #384 by Xavier

EasyIoT wrote: I've checked today:
developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

Hahaha, of course ! It's a big shortcut ! Don't take for money marketing slides ! Do you thing that people with a 2 year old smartphone spend a lot of time on GooglePlay? An if less and less apps feat their OS, of course they'll come way less often on the marketplace.
But in the POV of a developper, I agree that an inactive smartphone owner is not a very potential client.

4 years 4 months ago #394 by Xavier
Just FYI, the problem remains with v07.b01.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds