Is this compatible with Mysensors v2.0.0?

7 years 8 months ago #3433 by skywatch
As above, is EIoT compatible with mysensors v2.0.0 and arduino v1.6.10?

Thanks
PS - Any plans to update the pi server? :cheer: ;) :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3434 by EasyIoT

skywatch wrote: As above, is EIoT compatible with mysensors v2.0.0 and arduino v1.6.10?

Thanks
PS - Any plans to update the pi server? :cheer: ;) :P

Nope. There will not be support for MySensors 2.0. protocol. I think that in MySesnsr protocol there are some limitations like data types. We are building new protocol for NRF24L01 sensors, but without data type limitations. You can build any sensor module you want with own custom visualization widget if you wish. Right now it is in testing phase - on picture RPI 3 and 2 sensors. It will aslo support signing.
Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3435 by skywatch
That sounds very interesting.

Maybe it will get away from the memory overhead of mysensors and give more space for the program.

It is exciting to see the NRF24L01+ getting something new, I can't wait to see it all.

Will the custom vizualisation widget be able to produce custom graphs, charts and other visualisations? I am thinking of having a RPi2 as main IoT server with a PiZero attached to a screen via hdmi for display of data (maybe a touch screen if I can find a cheap enough one) !

Will signing stop replay attacks? Will encryption be possible?

Will this be compatible with existing RPi server and automation?

Do you have any 'arrival' date for this new way?

Thanks for reply.

Sorry so many questions, but it sounds like good progress! ;)

7 years 8 months ago #3438 by EasyIoT

skywatch wrote: That sounds very interesting.

Maybe it will get away from the memory overhead of mysensors and give more space for the program.

It is exciting to see the NRF24L01+ getting something new, I can't wait to see it all.

Will the custom vizualisation widget be able to produce custom graphs, charts and other visualisations? I am thinking of having a RPi2 as main IoT server with a PiZero attached to a screen via hdmi for display of data (maybe a touch screen if I can find a cheap enough one) !

Will signing stop replay attacks? Will encryption be possible?

Will this be compatible with existing RPi server and automation?

Do you have any 'arrival' date for this new way?

Thanks for reply.

Sorry so many questions, but it sounds like good progress! ;)

A lot of questions :)
Signing will stop reply attacks. For real encryption I think you need more powerful HW, but this is only my opinion...Interface is very similar to interface on Cloud - you can build your own module visualization in htm and js.
I can not promise any release day, but if you are interested I can send you prerelease version for testing.

7 years 8 months ago #3439 by skywatch
I'm happy to help out with some testing if it works with the EIoT RPi server.... :)

If it only works on the cloud then I would not be interested. :(

Thanks for the reply, good to see this all still going. :)

7 years 8 months ago #3443 by piman
I would be interested ,in trying out & testing a pre-released version of easyiot server, if that is possible.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.