ESP8266 dropping like flies. What am I doing wrong

7 years 9 months ago #3415 by Jansen
Using the HT7333 can't be the problem. I didn't use it on the three modules in the picture. It's only on the one module that works.

GPIO16 is conencted top reset because I am using the deep sleep mode. After a minute GPIO16 will be high which resets the module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #3416 by piman
Using the HT 7333 on this breakout board requires the breakout board to be modified so how are you achieving 3.3 what is your input voltage.

7 years 9 months ago #3417 by piman
Did you check this using a voltage meter to make sure you are actually getting 3.3 V at the necessary point

7 years 8 months ago #3429 by Jansen
I modified the breakout board by removing the 0 ohm resistor in the middle. After removing it, I measured 3.3volts on the GND and VCC pins of the esp module.

But the problem occurred on the unmodified breakoutboards using the breadboard psu set to 3.3v. I discovered that the breadboard psu's were causing the problem. i used a 3.7v lipo battery together with the HT 7333 and that worked fine. Later, I bought a proper bench power supply and used that. That also worked fine. I still don't exactly know what was going on but at least I have them working now.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.