How can RGBW fader be implemented?

8 years 2 months ago #2955 by ArneiO
I have some RGBW controller boards that I want to move from EasyIoT server to EasyIoT cloud. On the EIoT server, this was done by creating one virtual node for each colour.

Is there any other (and better) way than creating four parallel "modules" in the software (equivalent to the server virtual nodes), one for each of the four color outputs R, G, B and W?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #2962 by EasyIoT

ArneiO wrote: I have some RGBW controller boards that I want to move from EasyIoT server to EasyIoT cloud. On the EIoT server, this was done by creating one virtual node for each colour.

Is there any other (and better) way than creating four parallel "modules" in the software (equivalent to the server virtual nodes), one for each of the four color outputs R, G, B and W?

Creating parallel modules is not good solution. In EasyIoT Cloud you have elegant solution. You can create your own module type (configure->modue types) and then add new module type under your name. Then you change HTML and JS code for new module type. I will plan to prepare tutorial about this.

Anyway, we plan to add some more basic module types like AO with digital switch, RGB with switch, (camera) image, maps.

8 years 2 months ago #2983 by EasyIoT
I've added three new module types MT_DIMMER, MT_RGB_DIMMER and MT_IMAGE. MT_DIMMER uses 2 parameters, MT_RGB_DIMMER uses 4 parameters. I will prepare some tutorials in future but I guess you will figure out how to use them.
Also Android app will be updated.

8 years 1 month ago #2991 by ArneiO

EasyIoT wrote: I've added three new module types MT_DIMMER, MT_RGB_DIMMER and MT_IMAGE. MT_DIMMER uses 2 parameters, MT_RGB_DIMMER uses 4 parameters. I will prepare some tutorials in future but I guess you will figure out how to use them. Also Android app will be updated.

Thank you very much! Yes, I have figured out how to use MT_RGB_DIMMER, and I have also made my own version of it, and defined the module type ARNEIO_RGBW_DIMMER with one more slider (white).

It works great in the browser! The Android app just shows the values for the time being. There are no fader sliders or on/off switch. So I assume you have not updated the app yet. I'm looking forward to that! :cheer:

8 years 1 month ago #2993 by EasyIoT

ArneiO wrote:

EasyIoT wrote: I've added three new module types MT_DIMMER, MT_RGB_DIMMER and MT_IMAGE. MT_DIMMER uses 2 parameters, MT_RGB_DIMMER uses 4 parameters. I will prepare some tutorials in future but I guess you will figure out how to use them. Also Android app will be updated.

Thank you very much! Yes, I have figured out how to use MT_RGB_DIMMER, and I have also made my own version of it, and defined the module type ARNEIO_RGBW_DIMMER with one more slider (white).

It works great in the browser! The Android app just shows the values for the time being. There are no fader sliders or on/off switch. So I assume you have not updated the app yet. I'm looking forward to that! :cheer:

Android app is updated. App shows only predefined module types. If you create your own in will show as generic module.

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.