ESP8266 WiFi touch screen thermostat

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3528 by Wojciechowski
After installing IoT from img file it runs in terminal mode by itself. Everything seems fine, no bugs. I can open it in browser. Yesterday it worked somehow for a moment, I have successfully added some nodes (but not all of them showed as on your picture), but there was no temperature and pressure readback and clicking at them brought no effect at all. When I pressed the thermostat screen there was reaction in a browser, so at least ESP should be wired ok. Thermostat itself seems to work fine with some lags when I touch the screen. It is impossible to change time and date, even if there is a sign that screen reacted to touching (frame around button). Today I tried to setup server manually with poor effect. It ended with a bug when trying to start it. Using img file is a better option I think. I will give a try tommorow. Thank you for help, I really appreciate it.

Update :)
OK, after some testing I had to unplug ESP's URXD from level shifter, ESP started to work properly as before, there are no lags anymore while touching TFT, it works like a charm. I can set temperature and schedule fluently but still can't change date/time and first of all can't add Node. If there are no lags I suppose ESP is connected to server. Thing with these nodes is kinda frustrating. Strange things happened when I turned off Comodo Internet Security, namely serial monitor showed:
"AT+CWMODE=1
busy s...
Response->error"
and then after unplugging and plugging Arduino there was only white screen, it doesn't want to boot anymore. Maybe it is an issue of port number or something blocks the connection (I'm total noob in this matter).
I'm not an expert, I'm still learning, maybe there is a way to use this thermostat with IoT cloud or make it an offline thermostat deleting some lines of a code (I know it sounds almost heretical considering the aim of this page) but I really don't know what to do when I came as far and can't go further anymore :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #3533 by EasyIoT

Wojciechowski wrote: After installing IoT from img file it runs in terminal mode by itself. Everything seems fine, no bugs. I can open it in browser. Yesterday it worked somehow for a moment, I have successfully added some nodes (but not all of them showed as on your picture), but there was no temperature and pressure readback and clicking at them brought no effect at all. When I pressed the thermostat screen there was reaction in a browser, so at least ESP should be wired ok. Thermostat itself seems to work fine with some lags when I touch the screen. It is impossible to change time and date, even if there is a sign that screen reacted to touching (frame around button). Today I tried to setup server manually with poor effect. It ended with a bug when trying to start it. Using img file is a better option I think. I will give a try tommorow. Thank you for help, I really appreciate it.

Update :)
OK, after some testing I had to unplug ESP's URXD from level shifter, ESP started to work properly as before, there are no lags anymore while touching TFT, it works like a charm. I can set temperature and schedule fluently but still can't change date/time and first of all can't add Node. If there are no lags I suppose ESP is connected to server. Thing with these nodes is kinda frustrating. Strange things happened when I turned off Comodo Internet Security, namely serial monitor showed:
"AT+CWMODE=1
busy s...
Response->error"
and then after unplugging and plugging Arduino there was only white screen, it doesn't want to boot anymore. Maybe it is an issue of port number or something blocks the connection (I'm total noob in this matter).
I'm not an expert, I'm still learning, maybe there is a way to use this thermostat with IoT cloud or make it an offline thermostat deleting some lines of a code (I know it sounds almost heretical considering the aim of this page) but I really don't know what to do when I came as far and can't go further anymore :)

If thermostat is not properly connected to server then you may experience lag in touch screen. If you have trouble adding thermostat to server, you may add it manually to modules.xml file. Just stop server before you change modules.xml file.

7 years 6 months ago #3534 by Wojciechowski
Finally it works. My firewall blocked the connection. Ok, I successfully added some nodes but not all of them showed in a browser. I do not have temperature and pressure readback, thermostat OFF and AUTO node. Moreover I have no influence on thermostat parameters from the browser, I click at them set temperature i.e. and nothing happens. Thank you for your help EasyIoT :)
Attachments:

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3555 by Wojciechowski
I wonder why I can't establish TCP connection with IoT server using port 37602, while there is no problem at all using ports 80, 1301 instead. I have the same configuration in firewall for these three ports but it shouln't matter, as there is connection just between my ESP and Raspberry through my router. In LX terminal everything seems fine, server working without NRF24, listening on ports 80, 1301. When I connect using one of these two, thermostat is not freezing but I can't add nodes. When I try to use 37602 it connects to AP but there is an immediate error while connecting TCP. May it be router settings? Thank you in advance :)

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.