ESP8266 WiFI temperature and humidity sensor

9 years 1 week ago #1134 by EasyIoT

zyrotron wrote: The firmware and the connections seem correct to me. I am thinking that maybe the USB port does not supply enough current for the ESP to work properly and for this reason I have increased number of dropped packages when testing with ping. I will try again with an external supply instead of the FTDI that I used for the 3.3 volts.

Bad power supply can be problem for ESP8266. It's better to use external power supply, because not all FTDI can supply enough current.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #1137 by zyrotron

EasyIoT wrote:

zyrotron wrote: The firmware and the connections seem correct to me. I am thinking that maybe the USB port does not supply enough current for the ESP to work properly and for this reason I have increased number of dropped packages when testing with ping. I will try again with an external supply instead of the FTDI that I used for the 3.3 volts.

Bad power supply can be problem for ESP8266. It's better to use external power supply, because not all FTDI can supply enough current.

Unfortunately it's not the power supply either. I tried with an external (lab bench) power supply yet nothing changed. However, I just found somewhere the following:

Connect the top two pins (UTXD, GND) and bottom two pins (VCC, URXD) to the RXD, GND, VCC, TXD pins of a microcontroller. Note that VCC must be no more than 3.6V. The middle four pins are should be pulled up to VCC for normal operation

Is this true? Should I connect the other pins to VCC too?

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #1143 by EasyIoT

zyrotron wrote:

EasyIoT wrote:

Unfortunately it's not the power supply either. I tried with an external (lab bench) power supply yet nothing changed. However, I just found somewhere the following:

Connect the top two pins (UTXD, GND) and bottom two pins (VCC, URXD) to the RXD, GND, VCC, TXD pins of a microcontroller. Note that VCC must be no more than 3.6V. The middle four pins are should be pulled up to VCC for normal operation

VCC and CH_PD pin should be connected to VCC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zyrotron

9 years 1 week ago #1151 by zyrotron

EasyIoT wrote:

zyrotron wrote:

EasyIoT wrote:

VCC and CH_PD pin should be connected to VCC.

Then everything seems correct. Thanks anyway.

8 years 11 months ago #1287 by piman
Hi, has anyone solve this issue, as I'm having the same problems, I've checked the wiring I'm using a separate power supply, and my FW is version:0.9.5. And my router sees it. Any other suggestions thank you.

Andy

8 years 11 months ago #1290 by EasyIoT

piman wrote: Hi, has anyone solve this issue, as I'm having the same problems, I've checked the wiring I'm using a separate power supply, and my FW is version:0.9.5. And my router sees it. Any other suggestions thank you.

Andy

Try with simple Arduino test program and send "AT" command on serial port to ESP8266. Response should be "OK". That way you will know if wiring is correct and ESP8266 is working.

My ESP thermostat works perfectly 2 months without hanging mounted on the wall.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.