ESP8266 WiFI temperature and humidity sensor

9 years 3 weeks ago #1012 by dwuino
Finally had time to work on this again and still unable to create a node. Updated firmware and am able to connect to router with AT commands thru CoolTerm. Even able to update data to Thingspeak the same way. Not sure why I can't create a node in EasyIoT. Anyway, thanks for your help. At least I know the ESP8266 module works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1015 by cdj
Something strange is happenning.... i've the same problem with mega and esp on Serial1.
Mr. EasyIOT, if esp respond :

compiled @ Dec 25 2014 21:40:28
AI-THINKER Dec 25 2014

i suppose that RX is connected well!

Why then "response timeout"? I've tested my esp with USB ttl and ESPlorer and it works perfectly and responding to all AT commands.
TX is direct connected and everytime i've used well without level shifting from 3.3 to 5v.... something are going wrong in this direction?

very strange.

Can you confirm us that pin 19 must be connected to esp RX and 18 to esp TX ?

P.S. It is not a stupid question, because some arduino has an arrow and "rx" stamp but it mean that must be connected to RX of the other interface....

P.S. 2 Same PCB with same ESP perfectly working with a software serial on an arduino nano !

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #1090 by zyrotron
I have the same problem. ESP8266 is properly flashed with the firmware following the tutorial from iot-playground and connects just fine to the wi-fi with AT commands. It also connects to the wi-fi with the sketch and I can ping it although there is a high rate of dropped packages. However, if I try to add it to the server I always get a timeout message.

The arduino serial monitor gives:

Response timeout
hwReset
E_CWMODE
Send cmd:AT+CWMODE=1

and the ESP serial monitor:

AT+CWMODE=1
AT+CWMODE=1
AT+CWMODE=1

constantly.

I triple checked the wiring and I don't find anything wrong. Do you have any other ideas, what might be wrong?

* I forgot to mention that the firewall is turned off.

9 years 1 week ago #1091 by dwuino
I just gave up on it for now. Never could get it to work. For now I'm using the ESP8266 with nodemcu and posting directly to Thingspeak. Maybe someday I'll try this again but for now this gives me pretty much what I need.

9 years 1 week ago #1114 by EasyIoT
"Response timeout" means that Arduino did't get response to AT command. Reason may be incorrect FW version, bad connection, bad power supply or anything else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zyrotron

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #1132 by zyrotron
The firmware and the connections seem correct to me. I am thinking that maybe the USB port does not supply enough current for the ESP to work properly and for this reason I have increased number of dropped packages when testing with ping. I will try again with an external supply instead of the FTDI that I used for the 3.3 volts.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.