ESP8266 + NRF24L01+ repeater node

8 years 6 months ago #2358 by vickeyhort
Hi.

I want to increase the range of my existing EasyIOT server. I have wifi setup from my home to my farm using TP-Link 5210 cpe. Can I use ESP-8266 12E and NRF24L01+ as a repeater to my existing EasyIOT server which will be installed on my farm and will help to connect NRF24L01+ based sensor nodes installed on my farm to raspberry pi EasyIOT server installed in my home. Is this possible?

Idea came to me through Esp8266 Gateway example on forum.mysensors.org/topic/1870/esp8266-w...y-port-for-mysensors .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #2372 by EasyIoT

vickeyhort wrote: Hi.

I want to increase the range of my existing EasyIOT server. I have wifi setup from my home to my farm using TP-Link 5210 cpe. Can I use ESP-8266 12E and NRF24L01+ as a repeater to my existing EasyIOT server which will be installed on my farm and will help to connect NRF24L01+ based sensor nodes installed on my farm to raspberry pi EasyIOT server installed in my home. Is this possible?

Idea came to me through Esp8266 Gateway example on forum.mysensors.org/topic/1870/esp8266-w...y-port-for-mysensors .

I think it's possible. Try with MQTT broker gateway on ESP8266 connected to NRF24L01 and connect EasyIoT Server with MQTT client driver to this broker. Of course you will need manually configure your MySensors network and EasyIoT server configuration.
I've tested this weekend ESP8266 and NRF24L01 connection without Arduino and it works. My test was with RF24 library only.

8 years 6 months ago #2379 by vickeyhort
Do you mean "MQTTGateway.ino" file in "Arduino-master\external_libraries\MySensors\examples\MQTTGateway" folder? But it uses Ethernet Shield. May you confirm the sketch? And wiring should be according to "Esp8266Gateway" sketch right?

8 years 6 months ago #2385 by EasyIoT

vickeyhort wrote: Do you mean "MQTTGateway.ino" file in "Arduino-master\external_libraries\MySensors\examples\MQTTGateway" folder? But it uses Ethernet Shield. May you confirm the sketch? And wiring should be according to "Esp8266Gateway" sketch right?

No. I've tested my code and not MySensors but RF24 library. RF24 library is included in MySensors library so it can be done.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.