Arduino ESP8266 DHT22, code stop running randomly

8 years 11 months ago #1323 by EasyIoT

piman wrote: Hi, I'm doing some more tests I think I let it run throughout the night to see how things pan out, earlier today I set up another node away from the breadboard and re download the firmware, and still using the old humidity and temperature sensors sketch added them to the server, at the moment everything seems fine, I'll leave the previous node with the new temperature and humidity sketch mod overnight again and see how well that fairs.
This is my set up at the . drive.google.com/file/d/0B0SXNUBOmx3NOHR...Ync/view?usp=sharing
It's normally powered by 6v wall adapter running at 800 mA the board supplies me with 5v at 800 mA and 3.3 v at 800 mA I'm using a bio directional level shifter.

And what kind of serial ESP8266 connection are you using SW or HW?
During test also enable connection status logging in EasyIoT server to see when connection s lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1328 by piman
I am using the software serial, not sure how to enable the connection status on easyIoT server, after a overnight testing on both nodes,I came down this morning and both nodes have stopped, not sure what to trial where to go from here, a bit stuck.
:(

8 years 11 months ago #1332 by EasyIoT

piman wrote: I am using the software serial, not sure how to enable the connection status on easyIoT server, after a overnight testing on both nodes,I came down this morning and both nodes have stopped, not sure what to trial where to go from here, a bit stuck.
:(

Hope I will have time to test it this weekend.

8 years 11 months ago #1357 by piman
@EasyIoT, Thanks that would be appreciated.

8 years 11 months ago #1385 by EasyIoT
Here are some results of testing:

-it works on Arduino Mega and HW serial port, because I'm using DHT22in my thermostat hanging on my wall

-next testing was with Atmega328 and SoftwareSerial
-It didn't work at all if I'm using bad switching power supply. After I added 1000uF capacitor on power line Arduino starts communicating with ESP.
-I've increased SoftwareSerial library buffer size to 128
-It did not work with DEBUG enabled. It stooped randomly when connects to server. I suspects its not enough RAM.
-I've disabled DEBUG. Added #ifdef DEBUG #endif around debugPrintBuffer(); in Esp8266EasyIoT.cpp - it's missing. With this configuration DHT22 works without problem longer period.

8 years 11 months ago #1389 by piman
Thanks, EasyIoT is this problem only related to did DHT 22 using an Arduino, or does this problem affects all Arduino related interfacing. Am I better off getting a different temperature and humidity sensor as opposed to the DHT 22.
Thanks Andy.

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.