Invalid library

8 years 1 month ago #3161 by NightOne
Replied by NightOne on topic Invalid library
I agree with Morty, your library is in the wrong place

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #3162 by huggies15
Replied by huggies15 on topic Invalid library
Quick update, yes, I had the library in the wrong place. I moved it and got a load more errors.
Fortunately a guy in work is hand at programming, he had a look and said it was looking for multiples of the same file, deleted everything, reinstalled it all, and now it works :)
I changed the server IP, SSID, and password for the network and saved it in the config file before uploading the sketch.

New problem now though; my node doesn't seem to connect to the raspberry pi server. its all powered on and looking for something (red LED is constantly on, blue LED flashes intermittently) but the pi wont find the node. I thought it might be something to do with the arduino so I swapped the nano out for a uno but still doesn't work.
I'm following the guide as its written but I keep seeming to struggle. Any idea what's going on? I don't even know how to see if its connecting to the network.

Thanks for helping so far!

8 years 1 month ago #3166 by NightOne
Replied by NightOne on topic Invalid library
My 1st though would be power draw..... The main "problem" with the ESP8266 is the fact that once it connects to wifi the power draw spikes up to about 400mA... the arduino Nano can only deliever about 150mA on the 3.3v. You need to power the ESP8266 from a more "powerful" 3.3v source like a cell phone charger with a DC/DC transformer to step down the voltage to 3.3v.......NEVER USE 5V on ESP8266. Another option that I seem to get away with...."touch wood" is I run the ESP8266 from the VCC on the ardunio though a AMS1117 5v to 3.3v.... I only do this for testing...not long term stuff.... For my "production" sensors I run them all of a 5 volt 1A phone charger with the same AMS1117 providing the power...I am no electrical engineer but my sensors have been rock solid for a year without failures.

Search google for DC-5V-to-3-3V-DC-DC-Step-Down-Power-Supply-Buck-Module-AMS1117-LDO-800MA-/281058278731

I also set up a little test this afternoon to see if I could replicate your error.... I get some weird stuff in the log file on EasyIOT.... check your logfile under logs in the EasyIOT foder and look for debug info...also make sure that debug is on in the ESP8266 driver page where you add nodes.... That will at least tell you if your node is trying to connect to the server....if you see NO esp8266 writelines in the logs then I have another trick to test your ESP8266...just let me know.

8 years 4 weeks ago #3168 by huggies15
Replied by huggies15 on topic Invalid library
Hi,
I'm about to try and change the power supply. I had a quick look on the logs before doing anything though, and I have no log. Debugging is turned on for the esp8266 so I assume there is no talking either way.
Ill change the power supply over and then see what happens.
I am going to be away for a few days, so hopefully, if I dont reply again tonight I'll have something to report after the easter break.
Cheers

7 years 11 months ago #3271 by IoTelf
Replied by IoTelf on topic Invalid library
Same problem is currently driving me crazy. So just because I am using Arduino IDE 1.6.8 those libraries won't work?

So, can we expect from author of these libraries that they will be updated?

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.