EasyIoT on Sinology Server? **WORKING** & MacOSX!

8 years 3 months ago #2757 by Nico
And also on Mac OS X !!!!! B) B)
I've just ended testing and works fine.

Same procedure as with Sinology ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #2765 by piman
Hi this is great, do you think it be possible that you could explain in more detail on how you got this working on your mac OS X, so that the less competent user may also be able to do this, also do you think it be possible for it to be installed on WD my cloud network drive unit.
Thanks Andy.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2766 by Nico
I try to make it simple:

first you have to install MONO, it's free and you can download it from:
www.mono-project.com/download/

Than you have to configure you're mac in order to host and share you're website.
I use the "Server" software distributed by Apple, but you can also set up a web site directly from you're Mac very easily. I will not explain how here, is not this the thread, because it's easier to see it directly from the many Apple guides online.
Once you have it set up, you will find in you're Mac a folder where to set all you're html pages. Directly in this folder you can create the space for the EasyIoT server. I created a separate folder with all the files of the windows EasyIoT version, except of the SqlLite dll the I substitute with the Raspberry Pi version, since uses the API libraries that are compatible with the Mac OS X (unix). This is only if you need to keep all the records of the different sensors reading

To run the EasyIoT server the simple way is to launch it directly with TERMINAL.
Go directly to you're folder containing all the Server files
es: cd /web_server_folder/IoT_folder.......
and launch the software with this command.

mono EasyIoT.exe
or if you're user does not have enough permission
sudo mono EasyIoT.exe (and type the admin password)

The server will be now running and reachable with any browser at the correct address of you're Mac sharing folder.

About WD server I have no Idea, but I think you will not be able, since is as far as I know not running on UNIX but on a proprietary OS
The following user(s) said Thank You: piman

8 years 2 months ago #2835 by piman
I think this is great idea using existing tech that otherwise would be wasted, just got my Qnap NAS:-network attached storage running Easyiot server, need to do some more testing but everything seems fine at the moment thanks Nico for your help:) .

8 years 2 months ago #2836 by piman
Okay done some testing and everything's okay but having problems with SQL Lite database try replacing it with the raspberry pi version but this does not work for me Windows version works or allows the program to run but no data is recorded, any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

8 years 2 months ago #2839 by Nico
Hmm,
Check that al the add-on you have to install on Sinology, like Mono (that is still at the Beta stages) are the latest release.
Also check that you gave all the ioT files write access "755".
Now I'm running IoT on a MacOsX server, and there no problems at all ;)
Maybe on Sinology still has some glitches :S

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.