Cron problem

7 years 3 months ago #3608 by dochego
Cron problem was created by dochego
Hello,
I am trying to get started with EasyIOT, so I've installed the server and followed the Automation example on iot-playground.com/blog/2-uncategorised/...er-automation-part-i
The cron entry is set to * * * * *, so I expect the programme to run periodically.
When I enable the programme, it prints out the setup message, but I never get the console message from the Run function.
Programme compiles fine, and it seems to update the first repeat time correctly in programme.xml
<LastOccurrence>-</LastOccurrence>
<NextOccurrence>2016-12-20 11:01</NextOccurrence>
But nothing happens when the "NextOccurence" time comes (and the entry in programme.xml doesn't get updated).
I've tried wheezy and jessie, easyiot 0.8 and 0.9, same problem. cron daemon is running.
Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #3610 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Cron problem

dochego wrote: Hello,
I am trying to get started with EasyIOT, so I've installed the server and followed the Automation example on iot-playground.com/blog/2-uncategorised/...er-automation-part-i
The cron entry is set to * * * * *, so I expect the programme to run periodically.
When I enable the programme, it prints out the setup message, but I never get the console message from the Run function.
Programme compiles fine, and it seems to update the first repeat time correctly in programme.xml

<LastOccurrence>-</LastOccurrence>
<NextOccurrence>2016-12-20 11:01</NextOccurrence>
But nothing happens when the "NextOccurence" time comes (and the entry in programme.xml doesn't get updated).
I've tried wheezy and jessie, easyiot 0.8 and 0.9, same problem. cron daemon is running.
Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?
Thanks!

Linux CRON job is not related to EasyIoT sever CRON job. If you are using * * * * * it should run every minute.

7 years 3 months ago #3612 by dochego
Replied by dochego on topic Cron problem
Thanks for the reply. I figured that easyiot's cron was separate from linux's, and I understand that it should be running every minute with the entry I have.
My problem is that it doesn't: It creates an entry in programme.xml with a NextOccurrence one minute after programme start (so that seems to be correct). It then never runs the programme again, or updates the entries for Last/NextOccurrence in programme.xml.

7 years 3 months ago #3628 by EasyIoT
Replied by EasyIoT on topic Cron problem

dochego wrote: Thanks for the reply. I figured that easyiot's cron was separate from linux's, and I understand that it should be running every minute with the entry I have.
My problem is that it doesn't: It creates an entry in programme.xml with a NextOccurrence one minute after programme start (so that seems to be correct). It then never runs the programme again, or updates the entries for Last/NextOccurrence in programme.xml.

How many automation programs do you use? Try to use only one automation program to test and disable and enable this program.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Forum latest

• No posts to display.